The Behçet’s Syndrome Society was formed in 1983 by Judith Buckle (1950-1997). Its main aims are:
• To provide information and support for people with Behçet’s disease and for those who care for them.
• To provide financial aid in hardship caused by Behçet’s disease.
• To foster education, collaboration and networking in the medical and allied professions with an interest in Behçet’s disease.
• To promote and assist with research into Behçet’s disease.
• To promote the formation of patient support groups and awareness of this rare disease amongst the appropriate influential institutions, authorities and decision-making bodies, and to provide them with detailed information about Behçet’s disease.