Trimethylaminuria (TMAU) Community

Meet, discuss & support other patients or families living with Trimethylaminuria (TMAU). Contribute to topics, or just share what's on your mind

TMAU Cure : zinc and kelp together- 30 year + bad smell

Flagyl did not work, nor metro gel or low ph soaps,, but this worked for me and I also take organic coconut oil.

Started taking kelp tablets and zinc tablets and to my surprise the smell is totally gone, I can eat fish or any food with no side effects. First time in over 30 years. I also take a teaspoon of organic coconut oil a day and so far its been about 3 weeks with awesome results.

I take 2 kelp and 1 zinc tablet daily and this worked for me. No bad breath or funny smells, try it for a week and don't give up.

Kelp refers to several species of large, brown algae that can grow to enormous sizes far out in the depths of the ocean. Kelp is a type of seaweed, but not all seaweed is kelp: "seaweed" loosely describes any type of vegetation growing in the ocean, including many other types of algae and plants. Kelp is a regular part of a normal human diet in many parts of the world, such as Japan, Alaska, and Hawaii. It is also incorporated into some vitamin and mineral supplements because of its nutrient value. Kelp is a good source of folic acid (a B vitamin), as well as many other vitamins and minerals—especially iodine ;

Zinc is so important because it is found in every tissue in the body and is directly involved in cell division. It is a powerful antioxidant, helping to prevent cancer, but zinc also is directly involved in proper endocrine function and the maintenance of ideal hormone levels.

Zinc deficiency makes both men and women infertile and causes low libido. Low zinc also exacerbates the effects of stress on the body and accelerates aging. Additionally, adequate zinc is necessary for optimal physical performance, energy levels, and body composition. Zinc affects protein synthesis and is required for proper function of red and white blood cells. It is highly concentrated in our bones, the pancreas, kidneys, liver, and retina.

Kelp and zinc don't interact. Zinc and copper interact and large amounts of zinc can lead to preferential absorption of zinc at the expense of copper so zinc and copper together is better than zinc alone.

Be ready because your hair will grow like crazy.

Where did you get those products? I'm gonna try it!

what brands do you take?

do you take them with meals, or how do you take them?

i'm really happy for you.

robpleticha

Hi Smile,

What's flagyl? How long did you take it for until you realized it wasn't working?

How did you hear about zinc, copper, and coconut oil to control TMAU?

DOn't worry about brands just get the Zinc and Kelp inside your body. You can purchase at GNC, Walgreens for the ZInc or amazon.

Flagyl and Metrogel never worked they just kil all the bacteria in the body both good and bad. But at least you have something to take to keep you sane, They did provide a little relief until I ate food again especially Chinese food.

TMAU has a PH level of 9.0 , regulay ph should around 6.5 (I think) as soon as you get out the shower put a lotion on with normal PH I will provide the one I use at home that doesnt' have alchohol, this will get your skin back from the high ph that causes the bad bacteria bad smell.

Most people who suffer from unbalanced pH are acidic. This condition forces the body to borrow minerals—including calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium—from vital organs and bones to buffer (neutralize) the acid and safely remove it from the body. Because of this strain, the body can suffer severe and prolonged damage due to high acidity—a condition that may go undetected for years

More later I have to go ,,,,,trust me I 'm not recommened any one product the last thing I want to do is scam you or get your hopes up high,, I've been there tears and all.

malory

What brilliant information. To corroborate what you're saying, I personally know of an odour sufferer who manages his odour by following the 'PH Miracle' diet. The 'PH Miracle' book talks a lot about the leaching of calcium from the body when diets are over-acidic, so this is very interesting.

The diagnosis of TMAU is a joke and I would not waste time trying to link the smell or disorder with TMAU its a joke in the medical community. Eucerin is a good thick lotion with a normal ph more expensive but worth it. With TMAU or disorder your body is like a chimney but instead of smoke it's like a constant smell coming fro your breath, skin or urine, breath - - Your skin is the biggest organ on your body the lotion traps the bacteria on your skin until you can take a shower. Without the lotion the high ph on your skin constantly defecates yes the bacteria defecates that is the high ph level of the skin and the smell- use the lotion, it does not eliminate the smell but it is a weapon to use, next is your urine when you go to the bathroom it's equivalent to liquid garbage at times after you wipe guess what liquid garbage residue, you have to get clever and wash up with soap and water after each bathroom use if at work invest in baby wipes, etc.. breath -chew gum it really doesn't help but its better than nothing. TMAU or disorder is a gas your body gives off so you have to bring ou all your weapons. So far the zinc and kelp has eliminated TMAU from my body not sure what will work for you but don't stop at the TMAU label. I prayed to God that I could live without the smell and ridicule in my lifetime so I could feel normal. It feels good o be in a staff meeting and not worry about somebody sitting next to me. My confidence is rising. My prayers were answered even if the smell came back tomorrow these last 3 weeks have been awesome. Looking for many more weeks, years and life. Thank you God for answering my prayers.

Rob,

Flagyl is an antibiotic that my doctor has prescribed for years, she usually calls in a 1 year supply. There are a lot of side effect but I didn't care because it was all I had. It kills all bacteria good and bad, anytime I eat seafood especially shrimp,crabs,chinese food the smell would be at its worst. The flagyl was helpful to kill and get back to a normal nasty smell instead of an outrageous nastly smell by killing all the bacteria. Flagyl is a weapon not a cure.

GENERIC NAME: metronidazole

BRAND NAME: Flagyl

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Metronidazole is an antibiotic effective against anaerobic bacteria and certain parasites. Anaerobic bacteria are single-celled, living organisms that thrive in environments in which there is little oxygen (anaerobic environments) and can cause disease in the abdomen (bacterial peritonitis), liver (liver abscess), and pelvis (abscess of the ovaries and the Fallopian tubes). Giardia lamblia and ameba are intestinal parasites that can cause abdominal pain and diarrhea in infected individuals. Trichomonas is a vaginal parasite that causes inflammation of the vagina (vaginitis). Metronidazole selectively blocks some of the functions within the bacterial cells and the parasites resulting in their death.

PRESCRIPTION: Yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes

To Smile: How many mg of Kelp tabs and Zinc tabs and copper..

50 mg of zinc and 150 mcg of kelp - I take 1 zinc and 2 kelp tablets daily. This works for me I take a daily teaspoon of organic coconut oil since its good for maintaining the body normal ph level.

Hi smile, You certainly have a handle on tmau. Thank you for all the info. I am going to try the kelp/copper right away. I have used the coconut oil internally and externally. It is a great lotion for the body as well as a way to fight off yeast in the system.
The reason chinese food makes us stink is the soy in it. Soy reacts immediately with me. What soap do you use to wash with? I have been using the Miracle PH soap and other products. You have to buy them online. They did not work yesterday though. But I guess with tmau that is just how it is. I will send the link on how to use the Miracle products to reestablish the current PH balane in your body.

I should not have said TMAU is a joke. I mean when you go into your doctor office and say TMAU they do not have a clue and it does not fit in their medical dictionaries. You are going to have put MD behind your name and fight and do research. Doctors do not have all the answers but they are a useful weapon but don't stop when they cannot provide answers, you have to keep moving until you are satisfied with your results,

I had this condition for over 30+ years and instead of an enemy TMAU became my teacher. It taught me how to be humble and appreciate the small things in life. I encourage you to learn and graduate from TMAU.

Hello crazyoldbattleax

I like goat milk soap but I tend to use dial and dove and a lot of soaps with high ph levels, I put my focus on the lotion like Eucerin to combat the high ph and the lotion was like a bodyguard against the high ph levels on my skin. It works. After each shower put on some low ph lotion and the soap ph will not matter. but everything helps.

Smile, most interesting. I have found that dial body wash works well if you buy the ones that dont have a strong scent. Do you think hormones have a role in our odor?

crazyoldbattleax,

I'm pretty sure horomones play a roles somewhere. Sex (semen) has a very high ph level
and monthly periods have a high ph level, flagyl or metro-gel works best at these times. I'm hoping the zinc and kelp works for you like it worked for me. Those prescriptions have not been touched lately and this is a good thing.

http://www.naturalhealthschool.com/acid-al...
great article for PH balancing.

I have used flagl on and off for years. Antibotics are very very hard on your kidneys. I personally can not tell if the antibotics even work.
I truly believe supplements are the answer. It is getting the right combination that work for an individual.

good information!

Smile, can you smell yourself or do you rely on other's reactions to determine if you have an odor?

Both,

I think I have a good handle on it. Since I'm a women I wear pantyliners and this lets me know where my smell is at for the day. Since urine is a way of TMAU release. I have the skin covered with the lotion so I'm good there, it would be either my breath or my private area and I had to work on these areas. The breath is hard so I chewed gum a lot. the zinc and kelp really cleared up everything so still enjoying these results.

Yes, I can remember talking to people and looking at them holding their breath turning red or putting their hand over their mouth while I was talking to them, one day I looked up on the internet how to smell my own breath I cupped my hands but I then learned to attempt tosmellmy upper lip and wow my breath really did stink. I chew so much gum that my dentist told me that I was wearing down the cartilidge in my gums, I had a clicking noise evertime I would open my mouth wide. The zinc and kelp cleared everything up people talk to me now without squirming.

I spent a lot of years in denial since the only thing I knew was take a shower/bath and all should be well. You should be able to manage your odor with minimal smell.

I was at the hairdresser and she had this lotion in her bathroom and I tried a little and I commented on it and she sold me a bottle for $7.00 I notice the ingredients were a bunch of various oils and the smell was light and fresh and long lasting. The lotion is called "Rubee" I went online and order it the only thing is that you have to buy it by the case. Well it was about maybe $60.00 with shipping and the lotion with my entire family using it has last over a year and I get comments all the time. Especially in the am when I get my morning cofee, they always say you smell really good when youcome in here what is it that you have on when I tell them its just lotion they are amazed. I cannot where a lot of perfume at the job so this works very well on the weekends I take the lotion and mix it with this 100% imported oil called"Golden Sand" I get comments like you would not believe. The oil is very hard to find and you cannot order online you have to find a shop that sale imported oils. The entire bottle costs about $200 -300 but I just need a little container for about $20 that lasts a long time.

The metro gel is the next thingl like flagyl but the metro gel works right away I take a double dose or insertion at night and it works. Once you get rid of the smell as it comes back you will bemore mindful. This may sound gross - but take themetro gel and put a dab on your hand and place it up the crack of your butt it will help because the smell is coming from there as well.

I know about the eggs but trust me the egg is only 1% or less of the problem I got away from the food thing because it almost impossible to eat food without choline. I only eat eggs and a good breakfast when I'm off work or on the weekends. I took the chlorophyll and the activated charcoal didn't work for me but I would still pop them in my system at times just because.

I don't drink a lot of water I'm still working on that becuase I should I did start juicing and I like it and having fun with it but this is just becuase I need to modify my eating habits, Trust me the kelp and zinc is working for me as far as TMAU is concern, I had a fish sandwich last night and I have no issues this morning.

As far as my co-workers, thye have been nice in my face but very cruel behind my back. WIth so many years of dealing with this it became my norm so ifI expected the worst I wasn't disappointed most days. I learned to put my best foot forward everyday and learn and be aware of the various smells. People forget and they just think you're stressed or your not that clean or clean at all, you name it I been thru it but I learned to give people and myself a clean slate everyday.

I have been married for over 10 years and even though I told him about TMAU he doesn't really get it I think I did a good job of managing the smell that it did not interfere with anything he did always say your breath stinks then at times his did too (smile) so I was able to move on and chew gum.

Here are some tips I picked up over the years:

Wear a good quality panty liner every day, and bring extras - this will help you not contaminate your panties with the smell and when you go to the bathroom you can smell the pantyliner to let you know you what you smell like today, change the pantyliner as needed, a lot of times the smell will get right in your underwear and once it's contaminate or smell its hard to get away from the smell. They do have disposable underwear but they can get expensive. If I knew better I would of invested in a lot of $1 underwear so I could change and throw away as needed when the underwear was unbearable at work.
Wear cotton underwear, the tmau gas need somewhere to go. If you wear silk underwear you will find at times your underwear or pants are slightly damp and this is the trapped tmau remember TMAU is a gas.
Walgreens has an air-freshener that looks like a pen. When I go to the bathroom at work I would take this with me so when I go to the bathroom at work the person that came in behind me didn't have to suffer as much. I would spray the same time I flushed the toilet.
Wipe good when you use the bathroom, invest in baby wipes or summer eve ph wipes make sure you are very dry after wiping, this could make it worse if you leave the area damp.
Don't forget to floss , sometimes that will let you know what your breath smells like a well.
Evaluate yourself where is the smell coming from the worst. If you can smell fish when you go to the bathroom you need a double dose of metro gel, if you smell garbage smell just from your urine, the wipes should help. For your breath, brush your teeth especially your tongue and this still dodn't help me but I think the gum is best.
If you smell to the point that your coworkers are holding their nose this means your ph is at the highest point and you need a double dose of metro gel and insert as needed or once a week. If you don't you are just walking around like a mermaid you smell like rotten fish and you have to continue to keep killing the bacteria until can gain control.

If you smell like a mermaid and then take a double dose it's like you crushed the mermaid into a small doll attached to you and now you have to contain the smell.

You should be in tune with your smell and try to limit it as much as possible. Let me know how the coconut oil, zinc and kelp work for you.

Thanks

Keep Smiling it will get better

Hello,
I would like to know what kind of smell you give. Mine is like
excrement. Anyway, I will try to do all you have tried to do, and what has worked for you; thank you for sharing it.
A warm hug.

Ioles stated:
Hello, I would like to know that smell desprendes, mine is smell of excrement. Anyway try to do what you've tried and it works for you, thanks for sharing, hugs

Smile:

Yes, please try I hope it works for you. ''Sí, por favor intente Espero que funcione o.

A deficiency of zinc may result in the loss of the senses, taste and smell, cause fingernails to
develop white spots, peel and become thin. Another sign of deficiency is body odor, foot
odor and halitosis (bad breathe).

http://www.christinehopkins.com.au/zinc-zn...
Zinc must be obtained daily from the diet as the body is unable to make enough!

The Zinc Tally Test or Taste Test is an easy convenient way for your ‘health practitioner’ to
monitor your body’s zinc levels to see if supplementation is necessary!

If prescribed a zinc supplement it is recommended that you take this on an empty stomach
preferably before bed.

Improves body pH: Kelp is an alkaline food and therefore an essential part of maintaining acid base balance in the body and an effective component in a healthy acid-alkaline diet.

I've been on zinc for a little over two months and added kelp to my supplements on aug 8th. I have had no change. I've tried the coconut oil twice and I've had an odor reaction to that. I wish this was a cure cause I had high hopes when reading it but its not working for me.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Keep trying different things. Go to the doctor and get a physical an have them run some tests to see if you are deficient. I went to the office a couple of months ago and said I wanted them to run every test in there database it came back that my iron was low and I had to take iron supplements for 6 weeks and then the test came back normal. Again keep trying and something should work pretty soon for you.

hi smile... id like to ask if the results that you have attained last's for a day... does it have any bad effects on you so far? is it still working for you until now?

Hello Bamboo455,

So far so good, I still get paranoid at times because I've dealt with the various smells so long. I still have good results. I was reading up on black seed oil and this stuff is said to cure miracles they said King tut was buried with this oil because they believed it could cure anything.

I'm just in the habit of reading and trying things now but the kelp and zinc works for me, I took some black oil extract and I had a lot more energy and seems like my metabolism sky rocketed. But to answer you question, the results of kelp and zinc lasted more than one day.

Hi Smile, have you been tested for TMAU?? I gonne try kelp and zinc to see if there's a positive result.

No one in my area performed the tests they pretty much flagged me off as a bacterial infection and gave me flagyl (pill) or metrogel (Gel form) . I could of been a poster child for TMAU every last symptom you name it I had it, The medical community does not take it seriously I do believe your body is lacking something and you have to keep searching until you find what it is.

Wow. I'm really shocked that u haven't been diagnosed. I started another discussion under "zinc and kelp supplements" hoping u would see it and respond. I think its important for people to know that u haven't been diagnosed and this is not a cure for tmau. It might help and I thank you for that information.

I live in thePhilippines and I have not been tested, but I think I have tmau. I tried taking supplements like B2, chloropylin and activated charcoal but still the results I get is not what I expect. I'm happy that you found the answer to your problem.

I have been diagnosed with secondary TMAU and have been working with a doctor. I've done thre cycles of antibiotics, activated charcoal, b2. My symptoms did get a little better but did not go away. Now I think I have side effects. I tried the kelp and zinc for two weeks and didn't notice a change. Smile is right though u could just have a deficiency of some kind which u might want to get test before u diagnose yourself with TMAU. I have an iron deficiency and TMAU.

I consulted a doctor and the test came back normal. And she said that she didn't notice anything different. So right now, I'm really confused. I live in a third wolrd country, maybe that is the reason why doctors here dont take it seriously. "It's all in your head", that is what they will say.

I live in the USA and I got that same response. It wasn't til I ordered the test by mail and paid for it myself. Once I got my results and it was positive the doctors had to listen. The doctors ran genetic test and found nothing wrong. So now they just give me the same stuff u and I find on the internet. It's up to me to contact other doctors and get advice. If u need someone to talk to I'm here. ;-)

Thanks, I really appreciate it.It feels so much better when you're able to share with someone what you're going through,specially when you share the same situation.

Smellycat the thing with the TMAU testing is that it seems to be flawed. you can take the test Monday and come out positive and take it Thursday after eating a round of seafood and come out positive. TMAU seems to be recognized by a small community of supporters and if they have Dr. or associated with a hospital we put our faith in them. I think what w have is bigger than TMAU something that was discovered in the 1970 and still we're no closer to a insurance cure or treatment. I think its something that has always been around and we have to keep searching to see what our body is lacking. I'm doing fine and I encourage everyone to keep a log and find out what works for you, understand that TMAU is PH level 9.

can researchers find a cure 5 years from now?

Mebo research is a great website to find information. You should take a look rareblood if haven't been to that site. I do know that the doctors that are researching TMAU strongly recommend that anyone who thinks they might have it should be tested.

Hey smile, I just wanna ask if coconut oil is good for maintaining the body's ph level.

Smellycat - I have been to the mebo research more times than I can count and have found some very useful information there. I had my obgyn call one of the doctors and basically thye stated it's no cure and they sent me to a specialist "TMAU" in Philadelphia and she gave me an exam and told me to take a double dose of the metro gel for 7 days. She didn't recommend the test/ The test has not been proven and you will have false positives, I can get the test then what?? I know my body and the symptoms are real.

rareblood16
Virgin coconut oil has a pH of 5.5-7.8. This range includes healthy skin pH (5-6), neutral (7), and slightly alkaline (7.8) making it an ideal balancing moisturizer for all skin types.

pH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline - 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.

To answer your question I don't know, I tried it and I didn't have any issues.

Hi Smile-
Thank you for shearing such a important information.
I am a 47 years old woman has odor from my breath.
I must say I used be. I think my problem is comes from the hormone balance dysfunction. Now I am taking Vitamin B2 and Chlorophyll Copper daily bases and the situation is much more moderate.
I have a question for you.
Are you a men or woman?
Because I searched Zinc and learned it is very important to maintain the balance of woman hormone. Also you are saying Copper is sacrificing Zinc absorption? So the body can absorbent Zinc more than taking Zinc by itself ?
If anyone have the knowledge about zinc and woman hormone, please explain to me.

Thank you.

Zinc and Kelp works for me. I have purchased many items and have taken Zinc by itself with no results Zinc and Kelp together is working for me.

Hi Smile-
Thank you for replaying me.
I read all comments and I have searched all zinc, Kelp and Coconuts oil .
You are so right about everything and I was convinced.
I am taking your advise and I started to take Coconuts oil and eat Kelp everyday.
Here is the coconuts oil research explains how coconuts oil is so beneficial for us.
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/index...

I also would like to share my recipe of " Sweet Vinaigrette Kelp" with the community.

You need these:
*Cut Kelp from Chinese supermarket ( it is very cheape!)
*Honey
*Rice Vinegar
*Glass jar

Mix Rice Vinegar and Honey in the glass jar (make enough liquid so the cut Kelp will be all covered) and just add Kelp.
It will keep for long time in the refrigerator.
You can add your salad, any kind cooking like stew, saute, pasta.
Rice vinegar is also very healthy because it contain amino acid and fighting free radicals and maintaining a healthy immune system.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/246887-h...

Hope someone like my recipe!
Thank you Again.

Sakura with LOVE

Thanks for the information.

Hi Smile, I'm so glad you found a cure to your personal situation, I would like to ask if you could answer a few questions, what type of TMAU did you have, genetic or acquired? After the odor disappeared, did it suddenly appear again? did you do any physical exercise? Were you on a choline-poor diet while you were taking kelp and zinc? I would really appreciate any extra information, I'm starting treatment with Kelp and zinc, plus I add spirulina. regards

If I had to guess about TMAU or odor I use to believe it was genetic but now I think my body always lacked the right balance. I have 7 sibling and it seems like I'm the only one who had it. My mom definitely has it but she doesn't talk about it she from another generation and it seems like she's in denial, now that she's on diabetic medicine the smell seemed to disappear. I tried to talk to her but she just doesn't want to get it, it goes in one ear and out the other. Tmau or awful smell was present in sweat, urine, breathe. Seafood is the worse but now I can eat seafood with no issues. Its hard for me to sweat so exercise was not an issue.

Thank you for your answer, Smile. According to what I've read about diabetes, one should eat food with a low "Glycemic Index" and also a lot of raw vegetables, this should help our bodies to regulate the pancreas' functioning, look it up.

After starting ingesting kelp and zinc supplements, the odor becomes stronger for a while, I don't know It that happened to you, since your situation did improve after 3 weeks, but it may take longer for other people. Also, I read it is recommended to rake folic acid (B9) and riboflavin (B2) supplements, B2 strengthens FMO3 enzyme, which is in charge of TMAU metabolism, my condition was acquired, since it all began when I was 22, were it genetic I would have born with it. I'm expecting to see good results with these supplements and the low-choline diet.
Best regards,

mariadelatorre

Hi guys,

Sorry I've not been around due to an illness and death in the family these past two months. I find this thread extremely interesting and valuable. I've always believed, and reaffirm to myself almost on a daily basis that TMAU is only one of possibly many causes of body and breath odor. As smile says, " I think what w have is bigger than TMAU something that was discovered in the 1970 and still we're no closer to a insurance cure or treatment."

Yes, there is the Trinzyme research that will probably help manage TMA odors, at the very least, but in fact, TMAU was discovered by chance, according to Dr. Fennessey, when they were looking for something else. In fact, approximately only 5% of those tested with the urine test are positive for the genetic form of TMAU , and even some of those test negative with the DNA test. In addition, approximately 30% or less are positive for Secondary TMAU, which in theory is caused by bacteria in the gut that produces excessive TMA. HOWEVER, this bacteria in the human gut has not been isolated and identified yet!!!

So, yes, indeed, it is actually quite sad that the only test available to some sufferers in certain parts of the world is the TMAU Test. It is very limited, though a small percentage have benefited from positive results that has helped them manage their symptoms to some degree. So, I would personally not put all my hopes in wanting to get a positive TMAU test result because it's not the "holy grail." It is simply a tool that may or may not help guide sufferers, as opposed to running an obstacle course blindly. I understand your apprehension and delay in testing smile, my son and I waited a few years before we tested. In the end, he was positive for Primary and I was positive for Secondary.

What's interesting is that sometimes we can eat more choline rich foods than other times. I think that through the years what we discovered is the real issue isn't so much eating a choline rich meal, as is the saturation factor. It is when whatever odorous chemical builds up in one's body to a high saturation level that it then becomes extremely difficult to control. It seems to get stored in the tissues, in the body fat, and wherever the body can "store" (for lack of a better coping mechanism) odorous chemicals. Avoidance of odorous chemical SATURATION should be our focus when figuring out a good protocol.

I do support taking vitamins and minerals, but I am wary about taking more than the body can metabolize, use up for energy and cell structure and function. For example, too much iron can produce constipation, creating other problems, though people who tend to have anemia or pregnant women are encouraged to eat iron rich foods and/or supplements. Too much copper usually found in chlorophyllin pills is harmful to the body, etc. Has anyone looked into how the body reacts to high levels of zinc? As smiles says, zinc has an important function in the body, though I wonder if the same supplement dosage is beneficial to all human beings, or should the dose be regulated according to the zinc levels of each individual.

That could be true of any supplement or drug, according to what Dr. Elizabeth Shephard tells us in her PowerPoint presentation, "Pharmacogenetics & Personalized Medicine." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMgeHwoBL8

This is a very interesting thread, indeed, and I would love to follow it as we each go exploring and sharing our experiences.

Smile Hello, my name is Thiego, I am part of the Mebo Research Brazil.

I read in the forum about tmau.org.uk coconut oil do well, but nothing about kelp or zinc. I've read reports of people who were cured with digestive enzymes, low choline diet and probiotics. You guide me on your healing? Telling me about his life, how you used this medicine? What is the dosage? Has as upload them for me? Can you give me your email?

Thanks Maria and Thiego for your response.

Hi, Smile

Added you.

Thanks Maria the information.

Hi smile, I have a question. Do you ingest 150mcg or 150mg?

Hey, Smile. I would like to keep us updated on your treatment.

Hello, Smile.
I'm new to this forum. I was reading your comment and I'm glad to see there's a new hope for me. I'll give zinc and kelp a try. Also, do you take 50mg of zinc and 150mcg a day? or is it 50mg of zinc and 300mcg of kelp a day? (since they're 2 pills) When you take your pills, do you take them together? With food? In the morning?
I gave metronidazole tablets a try and the smell faded miraculously for a few days, but eventually came back.
Since then, metronidazole has no effect on me anymore.
Thank you very much for your comments.

Hi smile, is zinc and kelp effective together or do i have to take copper with it??

chicacostarica - 150 mcg

I take zinc and kelp together

smile, are you on a low choline diet right now??

Cristian,
I saw you're from Chile, just like me. I'd like to know what's the brand name for Kelp capsules over here, and where I can find them. Has the treatment worked for you? Do you go to any Doctor that knows and treats Trimethylaminuria? The Doctors I've seen have disregarded my questions about this disorder.
Thank you for your answer.

Thank you for your comment, Fran. I've been on kelp and zinc for around 2 weeks, so it's still to early to see any results. I buy kelp at Homeopathic/naturist Pharmacies, the same goes for spirulina and zinc. I try not to ingest chemicals, I mean, I always try to get the most natural products, and without additives.

Here in Santiago I buy kelp and zinc from "farmacias homeopaticas Hahnemman", the price for both things bundled together is about 10,000 pesos. I buy spirulina right in front of Santa Lucía hill, at "El guardián de la salud".

Best regards

Hello Smile,
Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. I will immediately put your advice into practice. I also have great information to share with the community. It's been two months since my odours have disappeared. I take 1 tablet of Bioflorin every day in the morning, afternoon and evening plus 1 tablet of Vitamin B2 prescribed by my doctor. For my daily hygyene I shower with soap pH 5.5, instead of deodorant I use the baking soda mixed with a little water under the arms and when I work or when the weather is hot I wash the whole body. It's very efficient, natural and cheap. In the evening, I moisten my skin with almond or olive oil. Baking soda is also a good skin cleanser, it leaves the skin clean and soft. My mother used it to treat everything. It is also used for cleaning, laundry, cooking. It is a marvelous product. But I must say that I continue my diet without choline, but I allow myself a few products. Now I'm more relaxed, I work on letting myself go. If people cough or sneeze around me, it's not my concern. I do not feel guilty. Good luck, friends.

Hi Smile,
I love your nickname. You're absolutely right when you say that the medical world ignores TMAU disease. I remember when I went to see my doctor she opened big eyes as if I had said an aberration, she sent me to a hematologist and oncologist, who knew nothing of the disease. I had to give him myself all the information I had. I think everyone should listen to one's body, take all possible information and adapt to one's condition. In any case, I have gathered a lot of information thanks to the community. Thank you all. Maria, all my condolences for the death in your family .. Let's keep smiling and holding the head up.

I've been following Smile's instructions (Kelp+Zinc) for the last two weeks. I've also included black tea, which I drink as an infusion three times a day, but I also apply a little on my armpits after dampening it with a little water. What's happening is unbelievable. My bad odor, especially in my armpits, is slowly going away. I recommend that you try this treatment and I really hope you get the same results. I'll keep updating you on how it all goes.

Smile, you could tell me what kind of kelp purchase? Do you can send me photo?

Good Morning Smile,
What a good word, we are becoming TMAU certified. That made me laugh so much. Thanks for all your precious information. I think that if we relegate it to the back burner, we can relive. We have so much suffered from this disease that we cannot but be sensitive to one and the other of its problems. We are something like a family. Thanks once again. Le God continue to bless you.

Thank you so much for the information, Cristian, I hope it will soon be effective on you. I will start the treatment in a couple of days.

Cristian, the Kelp you bought, does it contain chrome? I bought a few FDC (mark) Kelps over Hahnemman homeopathic drugstore but i'm not quite sure if those are the ideal ones since the contain 50 mcg of chrome per capsule. How is your treatment going? Have you noticed any changes so far? Thanks for your answer.

can u give me a up date i think it is working
for me

Hello Smile

Congratulations to you, I just want to ask you a question.
Because I'm going to try your method.
But I'd like to know if after taking all the treatments people around you do not cough, sneeze, nor blow noses any more.
I look forward to your response.
May God bless you in your efforts and research.
Thank you for sharing all that with us.
May God direct and help the researchers. Amen.

thank you

Hello Smile
What is the organic coconut oil that you drink?
Is this what they put into the hair or can I buy it in pharmacy sections in supermarkets?

thank you

Smile, Have you come across males suffering from FBO/ TMAU? Mostly see women responding..Appreciate any advice specific to males..

Mara22 this is the oil that I bought.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=organic+...

Good morning Smile, I am happy, I bought almost all the products that you suggested us. Zinc, varech (kelp), bio coconut oil (is it generally solid?) I straight away bought 1 litre, but I use it also for hair and skin, I also have Eucerin lotion (this is not at all expensive). I am going to test all of them. Soon I hope TMAU will only be a bad memory. One last question, Smile, should I nevertheless continue the regime without choline? I fear so much that the odor may relapse, till now I was taking vitamin B2 and Gutflora in order to regulate intestinal microbiota, but it causes constipation, then I take a laxative tisane. Odor decreased but did not completely disappear. With the new treatment it would be a bad memory. Finally, I would be able to live and eat normally. Thanks again, Smile, now you are not just a pro, but an expert in TMAU.

For deodorant I use baking soda; I never smell bad under my arms because of perspiration. I would love to put some perfume; what would you recommend? I am thinking to use essential oils for the skin. Since I live in Switzerland, I think I cannot find the same products as you in America. Thank you in advance

Perdón por la tardanza en responder Fran. si, al parecer son las mismas capsulas marca FDC, contiene 0,4 mg de cromo en cada capsula,aun no se si se puedan encontrar en forma mas pura, pero no se si el cromo afecte en algo al tratamiento, Todavía me falta agregar el aceite de coco. estoy optimista, porque el olor se ha hecho menos intenso, puede que este dando resultados positivos pero hay que darle mas tiempo, hasta que se de algún resultado radical positivo. Saludos

Sorry for taking so long to answer, Fran. Yes, it seems like they are the same pills FDC brand, containing 0.4 mg of chrome in each capsule, still don't know if it can be found in a purer form, but I don't know if the chrome affects the treatment in any way. I still have to add the coconut oil, I am feeling positive, because the smell has turned less intense, maybe it is giving positive results but we have to give it more time, until there is a positive radical change. Regards.

I am sorry Smile, but you say that you take 5 mg of Zinc ; my pharmacist told me to take one 1 mg tablet ; what should I do ? This would be 5 tablets to get 5mg .. thank you for your answer

Sorry Smile, I made a mistake in the quantity, the zinc tablets that I have are 10mg par pill. Vous take 50 mg, so I should take 5 to make 50 mg?

Hi Belinda!

You mentioned that you are using baking soda as deo, i am just wondering if you dont get rashes? In my case i have tried using baking soda but i get rashes. I am thinking maybe i have uses to much or am using it the wrong way? Do you use it plainly or mix it with something else? And how much do you use?

Thank you in advance for your reply :)

Cristian, thank you for your comment. The edible coconut oil I haven't used it either yet, a pharmacist told me I can search for it at bluecarrot.cl, there are a few addresses of where to get it, if you haven't found it yet as in my experience I have just found the cosmetic one, not the edible one.
Yes, they are the same capsules of Kelp. you are taking two per day? Zinc I take one daily of 15mg only, do you think it would be necessary to take the ones of 50mg?
Another question, sorry I ask so much, did you try activated carbon pills before? And if so, did they give you any positive result?
I hope you are going well with your treatment and that in a couple of weeks you would tell us that the smell disappeared.
I hope I can say the same myself.

That's good information Fran, thank you, during this week I will go to get the coconut oil, hope it is not very expensive. I take the Kelp two per day with one capsule of zinc, yes, they are the same that you bought. As regards the activated carbon, I had done everything, and nothing has given any "radical" result, and as radical change I mean that the people stop sneezing or coughing around me and be able to feel 100% environment scents, this is to say, that my body smell reduces completely. Let's hope that the mix of zinc, kelp and coconut oil will give us results.

Good morning, Christian,

[Even after] taking all your tablets, do people continue to cough and sneeze?
Is there improvement in your condition?
Where can I get this edible coconut oil? In super markets?

Thanks.

Hi Smile! OMG I believe finding your post has been an answer to my prayer! I have had issues with B.O. for as long as I can remember. I finally thought I had a handle on things since changing to Tide Free detergent and using Dove sensitive soap. Lately i've noticed the odor coming back and not going away. I definitely plan to try the zinc and kelp. I purchased organic coconut oil for my hair but now see that maybe I need to be using it for my body.

I just want to make sure I understand your routine correctly. You use Eucerin lotion, you use wipes after bathroom visits, you take zinc, kelp and coconut oil daily and you maintain a regular diet. Is this correct? I've lately been considering eliminating eggs and dairy from my diet. I love greek yogurt and like eating it because of the active cultures in it. However, maintaining a odor free body is most important to me at this point in my life.

I feel very encouraged that you have been married for several years and clearly not allow TMAU affect your relationship. I am not married and have often been nervous and afraid because i didn't know how it would affect a marriage.

Thanks for everything! I pray you continue to be successful in maintaining a healthy and odor free life. Look forward to your response about your routine.

I have been taken zinc and kelp for almost a week and so far nothing , am desperated

Hello, could somebody tell me what is this eucerin cream or lotion?

Hello Everyone,

The kelp and zinc is still working for me. I eat regular foods.

Based on all the information I provided you should see some results.

1) FLAGYl or Metrogel (take it daily if you have to) until you see a change.

2) The lotion Eucerin works , the lotion traps the bad smell bacteria. TMAU has a PH of 9.0 the lotion brings the PH down.

3) If you do have a smell it should be coming from your breathe and private areas.

4) Remember TMAU is fumes or a gas.

5) Take activated charcoal, see if it works for you. it did not work for me, but we all may have different reactions.

6) Get bloodwork to ensure all is well.(get TSH checked, iron checked, etc..)

7) Don't sit back and let this life interrupted distraction take up so much time in your life. Come up with a plan to defeat it and say good bye.

8) Keep fighting.

When I go into my doctor office and tell her about my TMAU she looks at me like a deer in headlights, she says poor child I can't imagine. This is my medical doctor not my OBGYN but both have the same response. Nothing , this is not in their books so what do you really want them to do. They call it bacteria infection and call it a day.

Make sure you are wearing a pantyliner so you can be in tune with your smell throughout the day. For the men, just like the ladies you have to ensure that after bathroom use that there is no residue. Soap and water, wipes, etc..

Continue to do your research and understand your body reactions.

I pray that everyone has a smell-free day tomorrow. We have to keep posting and researching and having more good days, It's possible just keep striving and moving forward.

Please understand that the Kelp and zinc is all that I'm taking and It works.

Thanks Smile for all the great info! I'm feeling very positive! :-)

Fran, tostaduria puerto rico, 21 de mayo with san pablo in the center of santiago, $9700 the kilo of coconut oil.

Thank you Cristian for the info. The price is very convenient as 1 kilo should be enough for more than a couple of months!

Thanks, Smile..You have been a godsent gift..
Hope, with Zinc and Kelp, I and a lot of us can put smile back on my face!!

Smile

I was taking th wrong dosis, i was missinng one kelp pill, thank you for sharing this with us

malory

However, it would be a mistake for people reading this discussion thread to think that TMAU or any metabolic malodour disorder is manageable. This most frequently is NOT the case. There is no one solution to this problem. I have managed to lower my choline intake and TMA levels with no improvement in odour whatsoever. Some people have found some degree of control through restrictive diets such as Paleo, SCD or raw vegan. Again, none of these help me much. It is great that kelp and zinc are aiding some people, but it didn't work for me. Moreover, the odour disorder(s) we suffer from are NOT controlled by meticulous hygiene - only slightly alleviated at best. No amount of low pH soap can quell a sudden blast of odour, like a fecal tsunami, which can fill a room for several seconds. We share ideas in the hope that somebody in our community can benefit but we must make it clear: odour disorder is very complex, has devastating effects, is often unmanageable and is not connected to hygiene.

I will be the first to tell you that something is better than nothing. A TMAU Tsunami (really) Look I now the odor can get real bad but the odor is manageable. Yes you may have some bad days but there should be more good days. You have to see what works for you the low ph soap and lotion does help. It took Thomas Edison over 1000 tries before his big invention, he didn't quit and neither will we. Lets keep fighting team.

Hello smile, can you tell me the name of that eucerin lotion? Thanks :-)

I'm desperate, I've just lost my girlfriend and I am sure it is because of that.... my friends start to get away a little and I can't stand this any more... I will try to get the algae and the zinc and I hope they will work... I don't know what to do any more

A question... can we detect the smell ourselves??? I don't perceive any smell in my mouth... and if it is like that, how can we detect it? please answer

Hello, Shesai,
I'm sorry I've not responded quickly. So, for Bicarbonate. I use a little bit in the palm of the hand, I wet a little with the other hand and I rub the two hands together before rubbing under the arms or the rest of the body .. I never had any problems. But after the evening shower I cover myself with moisturizing body oil. Now I use coconut oil or oil of sweet almond, even the well-diluted glycerin. But I also have a day when I use Eucerin lotion that I experiment with right now. See you.

malory

I have personally met a great many odour sufferers throughout the past 3 years. Our odour disorders are on a spectrum (in the same way that autism is). I have also read the personal accounts of many sufferers on the various websites. Some people have a moderate odour emanating only from the feet and they can 'manage' it with diet and supplements. Many others, however, go to extreme measures to alleviate their odours but still experience sudden waves of intense odour which can fill a small hall for a few seconds. These people are, as yet, unable to manage their odours. This does not imply that they are not trying, or have given up and, for some, it is patronisng to tell them their odour is manageable. Everyone is different and responds differently to treatments. I agree we must keep searching and experimenting for ourselves and sharing ideas. But a lot of sufferers already feel guilty for existing so let me say it again: YOUR ODOUR IS NOT YOUR FAULT ANDN IF IT PERSISTS DESPITE YOUR GREATEST EFFORTS THEN IT IS, AS YET, BEYOND YOUR CONTROL

I would never say anyone isn't trying. It would be great to write down the expereience and how often . if you are in the midst of sudden waves of odor whatc an you do? Can you take a double dose of Metro gel? Does that stop it calm it down, how often does the sudden wave episode happens twice a year twice a month, these are things that should be posted so we can assist each other. I am a sufferer and had the hurts and embarrassment for a long time. Event though you typed in all caps at the end of your message we are still on the same team. We have enough people out there ready to team up on us, let's not team up on one another. We are still fragile but strong.

hello smile, a query, do people around you sneeze or cough? because you know, in my case it seems that the bad smell but I can not control sneezing and allergies caused.

Yes they do, but Ican confirm they have allergies. I will keep that in mind moving forward.

Hi smile, do you see the results straight away?

And has this worked for anyone else?

Hello Smile, Thanks, thanks, thanks for the hope that you generated in our community, for your generosity, for your sense of sharing and your enthusiasm, especially for all that you have done to search out, much better than the professionals. At last we see that our prayers are answered. God did not forget us, you should always have faith and never get discouraged. It is only since a week that I take zinc and varech as well as a small teaspoonful of bio-coconut oil and I feel my body changing gradually. And I know that this will go on improving. I have an elder brother who lives with this disease since 30 years, doctors did nothing for him, every one took him to be mentally sick, he is under antidepressants since then, he is like a living-dead now, he did advanced studies but very quickly he stopped working. I think for him there isn't anything any longer, but me, I refuse to let myself drift. And now, at last, I am better, Thank Heavens. Let us continue to sustain ourselves, end of the tunnel is not far away, So long!

I would however like to ask you a question, even though you no longer stink, do people around you, no longer cough or sneeze? For me, today it was terrible, people started sneezing at the very time, and I quickly left. I did not know what to do.

We can smell us ourselves??

I don't, I don't smell anything myself though I know I smell because of the comments and the people. I have tried taking the zinc and the algae tomorrow I will buy the coconut oil, for the moment I haven't notices anything big...

Belinda , Thanks your words are encouraging as well.

I understand your brother's pain and if I left it up to the doctors they would of put me on depression medication as well. Doctors are needed and for the majority of the patients that walk thru their doors they are able to treat successfully. When the doctor prescribed me flagyl and metrogel for the 1st time I was excited like a child on Christmas because I thought this was a cure, when the smell reappeared about a week later I went back to the doctor and they told me to take it again but at a higher dosage. After a week the smell came back and that's when I stopped coming for a better solution because instead of looking or researching my symptoms we were just going in circles, I had one doctor told me it was impossible for me to experience those symptoms. I changed doctors instead of letting her change me and my reality.

We want to pass on wealth, strength and knowledge to our children and future generations. This smell or life interruption is something we want to bury so our children or anyone don't have to suffer. I must tell you that this blog and others like it pave the way for others to read about our stories and pain and words of encouragement to get them thru another day. So when you do submit a post understand that generations will read our words when we are no longer around and yes TMAU may have a universal cure for everyone but then life gives birth to another life interruption or a cousin of TMAU and generations need to know they have to keep on pressing forward and know that they are winners as long as they stay in the game.

Keep praying team God is listening.

Team,

The flagyl and the metrogel worked for a moment but it was not a cure. I stated it came back in a week. That means I had a few good days. Flagly and metrogel kills all the bacteria in the body good and bad.

loles, I couldn't recognise mine either, as well as you it has been all through comments.

copy/paste from yahoo comment

What everyone is telling you is that you can't smell yourself because of olfactory adaptation. This is when your sense of smell gets 'used' to a smell and your brain ignores it so new smells can be detected. It's similar to the way your wrist gets used to the feeling of a watch and you don't notice that after a while, either. You will notice that you can get 'used to' or not notice any smell if you're exposed to it for a long enough time, and since it's your body, you do smell it all the time.

Team,

Try to train yourself to smell yourself. For ladies sniffing your panty liner thru out the day. For men try sniffing your clothes especially underwear at the end or several time a day to monitor your smell. Hopefully by now you are using the low-ph soaps and lotions. The main area of smell should be breathe and private areas. I do not that the TMAU or gas can emit - try to get in tune with the TMAU smell it may be different for everybody. Take a very hot shower and dry off with a towel, leave the bathroom and go back in and see if you smell an unusual smell and smell the towel. This may or may not work for you, but give it a try.

Are any of you diabetic? I have been one for the past three years..The smell problem started a year after i was diagnosed to be diabetic and I want to see if there is a connection.

has this actually worked for anyone else? just curious

I have double my dosis of kelp and zinc, also went to a lab and had a blood test for zinc and th result came back today , my zinc level is 142.30 )th average goes from 65 to 175). That is after taking zinc for a week,I really hope this is gonna work.

Hi Smile and everybody :) Wow many thanks for your comments, new hope! You say that you take two 150mcg kelp tablets, I guess you mean the iode in each tablet, I will try with these, they are 150mcg each. I will start with one a day and see what happens :)

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Herbs-Sea-Ke...

On the other hand, regarding the Zn, <<El zinc es PROBABLEMENTE SEGURO para la mayoría de los adultos cuando se aplica a la piel .o cuando se toma por vía oral en cantidades no mayores de 40 mg por día.>> These tablets I have found contain 22mg of Zn, I will take one and they also contain calcium, so that won't harm as I can't take any lactose.

http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Zinc-Picolinat...

And finally, I have seen chlorophyll tablets, I will take a couple a day. Can you tell me how much chlorophyll you take a day? Thanks!

http://www.iherb.com/World-Organic-Mega-Ch...

I will let you know how I feel after a few days treatment

Kind regards to everyone :))

martacampabadal

Hi everybody,

You are most cordially invited to attend the 7th Webinar on Sunday, October 20th on Seeking Emplyoment for TMAU patients.

Cheryl will talk about the the dos and don'ts of job seeking, from writing a résumé 21st century style, to the job interview experience, to on-the-job and work environment issues for sufferers of body and breath odor conditions.

Interested?

Further information here: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/community/t...

Anyone else got results with the use of Kelp and zinc?

Yo veo resultados leves, llevo dos semanas, quizas me falta agregar el aceite de coco, el ejercicio cardiovascular intenso diario en bicicleta y la dieta baja en colina me han dado mas resultados hasta ahora.

I have been diagnosed with secondary TMAU and zinc did NOT work for me, in fact, I had a reverse reaction and had quite an smelly episode...

My daughter is already on kelp and zinc and coconut oil. She says that she has to take coconut oil or feels like her chest hurts. I already take her to lots of docs who say, "Don't worry about her symptoms." Which of course is upsetting. They all admit to me that they don't know anything about TMAU or even how to test for it. I Googled and found that certain mushrooms will break down the TMAU smell. A product called Deodorex is an example. It took about a week to work, but finally she doesn't smell. Her smell was so bad that no one in the family would go near her. You can smell her from several feet away. The smell was like rotting garbage, fish, urine all mixed together. She also got behavioral symptoms from it. The Deodorex has also reduced her aggression. So, I am excited that she is finally healing from something that has harmed her her entire life. I wished I could have learned sooner. Like I said, the docs are clueless.

I think it takes a week to rid the smell because I notice with her that the smell is strongest when it finally is leaving her body. Before the smell is when she would act-out behaviorally, when her body was struggling to metabolize it. So, I would say that a week or longer is needed to know if something is going to work.

I am very glad that it works on other people, to be honest I haven't seen a lot of progress, I would like to know where can I find the medicine Deodorex in Spain, Thanks

martacampabadal

Loles,

It is not available in Spain, apparently. Well, at least I still haven't found it.
However, it can be purchased online, for example, from Amazon.

Further information can be found here: http://www.qualityahcc.com/index.php/deodo...
As you can see, prices may vary considerably depending on the vendor, so we really need to keep our eyes wide open.

Hopefully HeidiN will tell us where she gets it from.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?u...

Thanks Marta for your prompt response, I have found a U.S. website which can send it to you here to Spain, greetings

Does anyone know if "deodorex" is available in Chile ? Where can I buy it?

Cristian, I don't know if it's sold in Chile, but you can order it over the internet using the link posted by Martacampabadal, I've just bought it and it has free shipping outside the US, so you'll only pay for the product. I hope this site is trustworthy! Because of its medicinal nature, I don't know if Customs is going to have a problem with it, let's hope it'll make it to my mailbox. Best regards.

Exactly!! I bought it from that web page also, hopefully it works, good luck!

Hola heidin, en las indicaciones del producto dice si no es recomendable tomarlo cuando hay un embarazo?

Fran Thanks for the info, I will buy it too to see if it works, it seems to be good, people say it's a purifier of the blood and other toxic substances, I hope it works, good luck.

Una pregunta, probareis a tomar el deodorex solo o combinado con algas kelp y zinc?

I will take only deodorex, coconut oil and activated carbon. Zinc and kelp caused me diarrhea and I have not noticed any change in my scent nor in the comments and bad sides of my coworkers. In fact today a lady greeted somebody who was with me and looked at me with disgust and one day I heard moaning in human resources for my bad odor, is a daily martyrdom go to work knowing you're the scum of all the places you go . Anyway, I stopped taking them because it hurt my colonso much. I hope deodorex work. Good luck to all!

Hello Fran! I understand you so well... no matter how much you bathe or how many precautions you take, it's all for nothing. It's frustrating and non-sufferers will never understand it (It's not their fault, but we do suffer a lot). I spend some time reading previous comments and I'm thinking about giving deodorex w/ coconut oil a try, I may add activated coal as well. Hugs and good luck!

Yes, it is frustrating, nothing has yielded big results. Same with Kelp and Zinc, it only made my hair grow, coal didn't work, neither did chlorophyll juice I made out of chard.
I'll give Deodorex a try, and I'll add coconut oil too. I do exercise on bicycle, an hour and a half approximately, I can say that has helped a bit, makes me sweat a lot. I think the plan now is, adding deodorex to all the other protocols; intense cardio, low-choline diet, coconut oil, and maybe kelp. I wish success for us all!

Hi Smile,

Is the Kelp & Zinc still working for you? I was thinking about adding Deodorex to my routine. Have you ever tried Deodorex?

Fran ¿puedes escribirme a mi correo? no se si lo conoces es cristian.faundez90@gmail.com es para preguntarte unas cosas sobre el envio del producto, para no crear spam aca en el blog.

I'm seeing Deodorex has been discontinued. I found a site that says discontinue Deodorex immediately. I don't know the reason, but websites are still selling what they have

hay que ir probando, a algunos les sirve el kelp, a otros el protocolo MEBO para olor corporal, a otros el aceite de coco, etc.

Google, "Is Deodorex discontinued"

Hopeful46 Wjat do you refer to with Deodorex discontinued? I didn't understand to tell you the truth.

Cristian it looks like Deodorex has been discontinued. That means no more will be made. Websites are selling what is left of Deodorex. If you google the words "Is Deodorex Discontined" it will show you that Deodorex is discontinued.

Cristian!! It says they don't manufacture it any more, the websites sell it until stocks are exhausted...

Yes loles, I did understand it in the second message, it's just that at first I thought it said that Deodorex hadn't made any effect on him.
Maybe as the ones that suffer from bad body smell are not many the business wasn't profitable, whether the product was useful let's hope that any organization would try to get involved there and produce it again. regards.

Smile, you have given me hope! I have suffered with TMAU for about three months now (I know, not very long comparatively, but it has been a nightmare). I am currently taking a 2-week course of the antibiotic neomycin, which was recommended by NIH; I did one course before, and the smell went away, but then came back.

I am eager to try your zinc/kelp regimen, but just have a few questions first:

1) What brand of kelp tablet do you take?
2) When you say you take 150 mcg, do you mean that on the label it says 150 mcg of kelp, or 150 mcg of iodine? All the bottles I'm seeing seem to list kelp in "mg" and iodine in "mcg"
3) Was the coconut oil necessary in eliminating your odor, or just something that helped a bit extra? Trying to figure out if it is fine to take the zinc/kelp by itself, or if the coconut oil is essential
4) Do you only take the zinc/kelp mix once a day? If so, when - in the morning?
5) Is there an ideal time to take the zinc/kelp mix? Right before a meal, during a meal, or right after?
6) Are there any foods you still avoid just in case - eggs, red meat, etc.? Or have you returned back to a completely normal diet?
7) Are there any other supplements you still take on a regular basis - chlorophyll, charcoal, vitamin B2?

Sorry for so many questions, just dying to beat this thing. Thank you so much!!

Bonjour Hopeful12345
comment est l'antibiotique néomycine. Pouvez vous m'envoyer une photo pour voir a quoi elle ressemble.
Si c'est en comprimé quels sont vos odeurs ?
Combien de temps est vous resté sans odeur après la prise de Néomycine.
Les gens toussent et éternuent ?
Après la prise de ce médicament les gens toussent et éternuent toujours ?
merci

Hello Hopeful12345

How is the antibiotic néomycine. Can you send me a photo to see has what she(it) looks like.
If it is in tablet which are your smells?
How long remained in you odourless after the grip(taking) of Néomycine.
People cough and sneeze?
After the grip(taking) of this medicine people cough and always sneeze?
Thank you

Hi mara22, here is a picture of it: http://tinyurl.com/oyzaph5

As you can see, it is a circular white pill with "93" on one side and "1177" on the other. It helps to reduce the body's ability to produce trimethylamine. I only remained odorless for about a week after taking it, then the smell came back.

As for coughing and sneezing, no one has done that while I've had TMAU -- but I used to have something called PATM (People Allergic to Me) that made people cough, sneeze, and scratch around me. I was able to fix that by keeping to a strict diet and taking a product called Oxy Powder (an oxygen-based colon cleanser). Hope that helps.

I got sick of trying a lot of supplements and procedures such as HIDA scan on liver and gallblader , CAT scan on esopheogus and stomach , pulling off the 4 wisdom teeth , cutting pollyps and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am happy that you find something help you , yet don't judge because dealing with close people got used to the your smell doesn't mean the smell has gone . Anyway , I am going to try the kelp with zinc . Thanksssssssssss

Hoeful12345 - The coconut oil is not necessary but it does help to take it every now and then. Kelp and zinc you can take it any time during the day. The brand does not matter.

Thanks so much for your answers!! Just two more questions, I swear:

1) Are you able to eat any red meat or chicken? Or do you avoid those completely?
2) Do you still use charcoal or chlorophyll, just in case?

Thanks!

Thank you for people like your guys, it' 8yrs since i started to have none stop bad mouth ordor, i feel like an alien for another planet people give me duty look everytimes i ppen my month. it hurt so bad watching my kids sneezing, and tearing whenin the same room with me, my two years old used to be in hospital every months for days for respiratory you can only imagine the dutu look i got from the nurse, now i guest he got use to the smell, its been a year since he has been in the emergency room i feel like one lucky mommom. anyways its been two weeks since i started taking raw enzymes and threelac to my surprised stanger getting in my personal space when talking to me they dont sneeze, cover their nose or mouth, nomore dity look or nothing, i got threelac from amazo

Hello hurt2005

I think that you are the answer to my prayers.
I suffer from this disease nobody do not stop sneezing to cough to blow themselves.
And looks at me to traver contacts the nose I suffer really even in a big theater I makes cough everybody.
I would really want to try your tablet it is my last chance can you say to me has what(who) dose you take him(it) how much capsule a day? And to show me has what looks like the image of medicine?
Send me a link or a photo to my e-mail address which is priyadu13@hotmail.fr still I recognize that I can support(bear) the smells. My reactions of people the cough to blow to sneeze is harder has to take(collect).
Sometimes I try to hold(retain) my breath I return people a sick person I am extra(special) one groundAs you him(it) said.
J hope that God will help me that that can walk(work).
In the grip(taking) of he(she,it) medicine people do not cough any more sneeze more for ever?
You know I have price(prize) of the brewer's yeast for the shoot of hair being small.
I wonder if my smells and my problems are not the cause. I had to make a poisoning for the brewer's yeast I think.
Thank you I wait for your answer please

pleases you hurt2005 what are enzymes nature which you take?
You can say to me the mark(brand) if it is in capsules? To show him(it) to me in photo and how many times a day take him(it) you?

Thank you

This is something I want other people to consider trying. I tried everything Smile & others have tried. I still take kelp, zinc, chlorophyll, vitamin C, B2, LiverCare by Himalaya, Vitamin D3, Charcoal, Digestive Enzymes, Deodorex, folic acid, & Lactulose but all this by itself did not stop my smell from my body. I trolled the Internet & read up on baking soda & cinnamon. Please read up on baking soda & cinnamon for yourself because if you have high blood pressure you will have to monitor yourself when using baking soda. I have high blood pressure. I monitor it everyday.

When I wake up in the morning I take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with 1/2 glass of water, this reduces the acid on your stomach. For breakfast an egg white omelette with mushrooms, onions, red bell pepper, & a clove of garlic or I'll just fix a stir fry of vegetables that include mushrooms. I'll take a cinnamon capsule right after I eat, sometimes right before I eat. You can buy cinnamon capsules from Walgreens, online, etc. just google cinnamon capsules. For lunch & dinner I do the same thing. I only take the baking soda once per day in the morning, it raises your PH Balance so you might need to monitor your PH Levels so they stay in the normal range. I make my own capsules starting with empty capsules & I put ground cinnamon in them, I take these with every meal which is usually 3-4 times a day. Believe it or not my smell has amazingly subsided. I feel more confidant to go outside & have a life. I had a smell like a sewer, garbage that was awful. I know I don't smell like that anymore. I still stick to a strict diet but sometimes add chicken to it. I have only been experimenting with this for two weeks & praying it keeps working

I forgot I add spinach to my stir fry also. You can add any vegetables to your stir fry or salads.

I am really happy. I went to the movies last night with my family, no ugly looks, nobody said something stinks, no sniffing or sneezing. The theatre wasn't even ventilated well, kind of stuffy. I had a great night even though I still was on alert.

Hi @hopeful46 what do you do with your ph???

I take 1/2 teaspoon of arm & hammer baking soda with a glass of water when I get up. I also take cinnamon capsules about 3 times a day. I check my ph balance in the afternoon & evening just to make sure my ph isn't too alkanized, every body is different. Read up on benefits of baking soda. If you have high blood pressure baking soda you have to watch out for because it has sodium in it. Baking soda is a good antacid, antifungal agent, etc. google baking soda & cinnamon

Again, this is what I have tried & works. I'm not telling anyone else to try baking soda or cinnamon, it's what has helped me. Do your own research on the benefits & side effects of baking soda & cinnamon because if you take too much baking soda it could be fatal.

Hello Hopeful46 I'm glad to know you found a solution to your problem, I'm personally treating myself with a strict diet and cardiovascular exercises, nothing has had effect on me, but I'll try the cinnamon.
What foods do you eat? Fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, legumes, meat? Could you give me a list as detailed as possible? And another thing, do you smoke, does smoking cigars produce bad breath? If you could answer me, I would be very grateful. Keep well. Greetings.

From what I have read is you shouldn't take more than 6 doses a day of 1/2 teaspoonful of baking soda with a glass of water. I only take 1 dose a day & I take it in morning as soon as I get up if that helps.

One site you can look up for benefits of cinnamon is NaturalFoodBenefits.com, then search Cinnamon

Hi Cristian, the only fruit I really eat is Granny Smith apples, oranges. To me a lot of fruits have too much sugar. I don't eat any dairy products. I eat vegetable egg white omelette for breakfast sometimes made with red bell peppers, sliced white mushrooms, onions, garlic & spinach. For lunch I eat same thing without the egg white. I make a lot to fill me up. I eat the same thing again for dinner. Sometimes for dinner I eat skinless chicken breast cut up and I put very little olive oil or corn oil in a pan & cook it until the pink is gone from the chicken & I eat a salad made up of cucumber, spinach mixed salad, and whatever else I usually find to add to it. I put sea salt & a little pepper on it. I try to eat a lot of vegetables. No I don't smoke, I stopped smoking a couple years ago. What I did for bad breath was I started using toothpaste with baking soda. I brush my teeth & tongue with it, after that I gargle with tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide (sold in any pharmacy) & tablespoon water together. I hope this helps Cristian. Blessings

About fruits Hopeful46, there's a type of fruits and vegetables for the people with diabetes, they are the ones called of "low glycemic index", I suspect that these kinds of fruits could go well with you and possibly with me too, it's curious that the TMAU has that similitude with diabetes in reference to the sugar, as a matter of fact cinnamon is very useful for these people that suffer diabetes.

Hi Hopeful46 Thank you for sharing this to us
I just wanna know if you stop taking all those supplements? and you just drink 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda diluted in 1/2 glass of water and take cinnamon capsule 3x a day after meal? how many milligram?
God Bless!..:)

Roselynagustin11, I don't know about milligrams. What I did, I got some empty vegetable capsules & filled them with regular ground cinnamon you buy from grocery store. I still take the supplements because I've only taking the baking soda & cinnamon for two weeks. Later I will start trying to see what supplements I don't need. The baking soda & cinnamon with taking the supplements started working about the 3rd day. I hope this works for you. I have suffered from this since 2006 & I'm just praying it keeps working.

When I first started taking cinnamon, I found some old vegetable capsules from a supplement I wasn't using anymore. I poured out the powder of the capsule & put ground cinnamon in it

Okay Thank you Hopeful46 at the moment I am taking Kelp and Zinc i will try to add this Cinnamon and baking soda.

Swansonvitamins.com sells 00 vegetarian capsules for $5.99 & $4.99 flat rate shipping for 300 capsules.

Its okay Hopeful46 I think I can buy an empty capsule in a leading drug store here in my country.Thank you! God Bless!

Someone was telling me that it's hard to find vegetable capsules in stores. If your store has gel capsules you can use those too. Get like the 00

Hello Hopeful46

What is what in the grip(taking) of all produced people do not sneeze any more do not cough any more?

Since how long that you feel that people do not cough any more sneeze more?

I have was for a religious gathering it is a big building(ship) almost the dimension(size) of a stage(stadium) people did not stop coughing to sneeze even which(who) are assissent far behind on quotes(esteems) him(it) right and left behind me has quotation of me.
Help I cannot live any more. That to make?

Hello Hopeful46

Do people stop sneezing and coughing when they take these products?

Since when do you think that people no longer cough or sneeze?

I was at a religious meeting it's a big building almost like a stadium people didn't stop coughing sneezing even those who were seated far on my right and left next to me.
Help me I can no longer live. what to do?

Vous avez suivi un régime pour triméthylaminurie? Ont tout à la lettre suivie? Vous avez fait le test génétique qui détecte la maladie?

Mara22, it's been about 1 1/2 weeks no one had cough or sneeze around me, but last night I went to the movies again & ate popcorn with butter. I went to the bathroom @ a lady was in bathroom. She started sniffling when I was next to her at the sink. I found out with the supplements I have to still stick with the strict diet of vegetables & fruits. Try taking the cinnamon capsule about 1/2 hour before you eat. Have you also tried the baking soda? It is an awful taste, but just try it for a week to see if you notice a difference. Plus you need to take probiotics. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, I will try to help as much as I can. Blessings

Mara22, also buy toothpaste that has baking soda in it. Brush your teeth & tongue with it. Then get 3% hydrogen peroxide. Use about a tablespoon of peroxide and a tablespoon of water to gargle with. Swish the mixture in your mouth after brushing you teeth until it starts to foam & spot it out. Your tongue should start to get pink after a while. Give it at least a couple of weeks.

Mara22, there is a company that I get my probiotics from that is dairy, gluten, & animal products free (Latero-Flora) by Global Healing Center that has helped me. Just in case you haven't found a good probiotic

Hello, I’ been taking a chlorophyll pill for a couple of weeks and one of deodorex at lunch and at dinner and I notice that I smell less! On Wednesday I went to a meeting where we were various people in a hall and even though I was nervous I didn’t notice that I smelled as other times nor did people react.

I didn’t dare try kelp and zinc because the quantities are very big and I’m afraid, even though I don’t dismiss trying it with less.

I’ve thought of adding umeboshi, they say it has more alkaline. I’ll tell you how it goes. Has anybody tried it? I also read that it is good for the bad odor in the mouth.

I also take a pill of resveratrol at breakfast.

As for deodorant, the only one that works well is one home-made: I put a bit of water with flax seeds over the fire for two minutes, I strain it and this liquid (that is jelly like) I mix it with bicarbonate. Then I let it cool in the refrigerator and apply it to my armpits. It lasts about two weeks or so.. but has to be kept in the refrigerator.

What you tell me about the coco oil to drink, I’ve read that it’s not good for your health, it has a lot of saturated fat acid.. but yes I use it for the body as it’s anti-bacterial and I think it reduces the smell.

Greetings to all.

Hi there! I am taking chlorophyll tablets for months now, I still stink but the odor has subsided. I haven't been diagnosed with tmau yet but I have the symptoms. Whenever I eat salad with vinegar or onion, no matter how small the amount is, its scent would come off of me and it's so embarrassing. I've been bullied many times because of this.
I am also in search of an effective deodorant or antiperspirant . Any suggestions? I live in the Philippines, the climate is hot and most of the the cities are polluted. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

that is a good news hopeful46! =)

btw, has anyone tried taking MIlk Thistle? I got curious about it as i read from this site: http://www.steadyhealth.com/Oil_on_face_wi...

but am not really sure how safe and effective it is. I just want to know if anyone has tried it before. Many thanks!

hello roselynagustin11,

Since i am also interested to try cinnamon capsule as suggested by hopeful46, i just called Healthy Options. Happily, they do have! Solgar brand, it comes in 500mg, 100 capsules costs P589.00.

Hope that helps :)

Hi shesai Kmusta? I think much cheaper if you just buy cinnamon powder in SM hypermarket 18 pesos a pack and then you buy an empty capsule in Mercury i heard they sell that for 1 peso each.
I dont have an empty capsule yet what i did is put 1/2 teaspoon in a glass and mix it with water and drink, from what i read you can mix it up also in food.

salamat roselynagustin11 :) i will consider that suggestion.

your welcome..:)

Or you can also combine cinnamon powder with honey. Here's an article about the benefis of honey and cinnamon.
http://www.newrealities.com/index.php/arti...

Nothing has worked for me, cinnamon hasn't taken the bad odor away, nor the zinc nor the kelp. Shall we say that what I have isn't bad odor, but I do have physical discomfort. I only wait for the test that MEBO is doing and the other test that they are running with the cilantro, I don't know how long the test will take nor in having a product that is profitable, but I only wait for that.

Hi everyone,

They have told me that when you stop eating meat, the smell diminishes a great deal.

Ответьте, пожалуйста, hurt2005

With the green tea and cinnamon infusion I'm seeing some positive results. I hope it keeps that way. This goes together with a strict low-choline diet.

That's great, Cristian! How do you drink the green tea? Together with the cinnamon?

To Smile

Have anyone who follow th th kelp and zinc treatment has a positive result? I finish th bottles already and is has diminish because i am doing a low choline diet now am including mushrooms and spinach and no meat at all, along with vinegar multiminerals, b2 , chorophyla, enzymes , am gonna start drinking green tea and cinnamon, am gonna switch brands to see if it works , please answer

to loles, yes together, I make tea with both things, and I follow a low-coline diet

Christian: powdered cinnamon? And regular green tea, just like that? How much cinnamon do you add to the green tea? Thankssss

Cristian, that's good news. How many times a day do you drink the tea with cinnamon? Best wishes!

I buy my green tea at the dry goods shop, by the kilo. The cinnamon, too. I buy it in sticks and I take the little sticks out. I use an average measure, not too much, not too little. I've taken it twice, when I started. Twice a day. Three, yesterday and I even think I will take it 5 times a day. The bad smell was greatly reduced, and that's considering I haven't been very strict with my diet the last few weeks. I'll see what happens when I am more strict with a low-choline diet.

Hi, my name is Cristian, I am from Chile and I know how it feels to have to cope with this suddenly. I read what you have tried and I would like to know more about the green tea and cinnamon. Where do you buy that? I'm on the 8th region and I find very difficult to find even the chlorophyl that's helped a bit. This is my email address danielaagurto@hotmail.com we are in a facebook grupo with mebo, where we share things, it's good to be in touch. I'm happy that it's working for you. Regards.

Hello, amadanga, I apologize for taking so long to respond. It's just that I haven't been going online lately. I buy my cinnamon and green tea at the roasted coffee store. I make an infusion with them. I boil them at night and take the water to work and I go everywhere with my little bottle of green tea and cinnamon infusion. I even chew both of them. Some days I have a particularly bad smell and it helps to chew cinnamon and green tea.
I'm a bit irresponsible, especially during this holiday season, meaning I am not consistent with my diet. It's very strict, but it's worth it to keep with it.
I also bought chlorophyll drops and added it to the treatment. I started biking to and back from work. Cardiovascular exercise and sweating is supposed to help cleanse your body.
I have a question, and I hope some nutrition expert might help. Is there any herb or essence or something is rich in vitamin B2 that I can add to my diet? Vitamin B2 strengthens the liver enzyme in which we're deficient. Hopefully somebody might be able to answer that. I'm not sure if cinnamon is a good source of B2, because it seems to also contain choline.
Kind regards.

@amandaga Is the Facebook Group with Mebo private where other friends don't see what we write on Facebook?

Try drinking a cup of warm water with lemon juice - in the morning.

10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning

1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.

2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.

3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.

4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.

5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.

6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.

7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.

8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. No not brush your teeth just after drinking your lemon water. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.

9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.

10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.

Hi Smile, just joining the discussion, was wondering how you came up with the Kelp and Zinc combination?

Bikurguy-

Hi. you have to read from the beginning of discussion.
It is very important information.
I learned a lot.
Thanks Smile!

Hello Smile,
Since the time you take kelp varech and zinc people cough and sneeze and blow their noses always

I'm from France. How can I have all that?

Thank you

Hola, alguien ya a probado tomar el deodorex???

sakurako
I have read all comments on this topic, and there is a lot of information on the benefits of both Kelp and Zinc, but nowhere does it give a reason for starting the use of both nor any reason for the combination.

And absolutely no one says he did used to permanently cure using the kelp and zinc. This is because the effect is only psychological. It's just a lie or a mistake.

I have tried and it doesn't work for me. In addition, be careful as I developed hyperthyroidism due to iodine.

I started taking the kelp & for a long time it would give me energy, now it feels like I don't feel good on it, so I'm going to stop taking it

I'm hoping that scientists discover a cure. I do not believe in miracles. I am in contact with the scientists here in Brazil to see if anyone has any idea. Let's hope!

Dear Friends, I wish to share this extract of something I've found.

"Trimetilaminuria (TMAU), also known as Syndrome of fish smell, or bad smell syndrome. WRONG! That's not true! Most people go through unexplained anxiety, which leads to a nose discharge of foul smelling gas. However, that's just related to what you have digested :)

The solution is more connected with the energy therapies and the improvement of food intake.

Please consult about PRANIC HEALING, REIKI, HYPNOSIS. These therapies can be known by other names and other procedures.

I no longer suffer from this problem thanks to self-help. I learned that we are pure Energy occupying Matter, or a Spirit occupying a Physical body.

Make a Google and Youtube search to keep informed."

I found this in this page

http://salud.kioskea.net/forum/affich-2330...

It is interesting and it is yet another alternative.

Regards.

All right, I shall try hypnosis.

Greetings, Marcomyly, I personally do not practice it nor would I recommend, in my humble opinion, the use of therapies such as Reiki, Yoga, meditation or hypnosis because I think that these promote demonic possession. I do not think they are beneficial. There is a reason why they are becoming widespread. If they were beneficial, they would not be widespread or strongly promoted mainly by the new age type spiritual movements nowadays.
Nevertheless, according to a girl from the trimetilaminuria group, this ailment is related to schizophrenia. When she said this I remembered an aunt of mine who had a mild schizophrenia whose baby emitted a bad smell. Cases of a mild form of schizophrenia run through my family and I suffer from trimetilaminuria. This girl also confirmed for me that she has relatives who suffer from schizophrenia and has several acquaintances who have trauma, relatives with schizophrenia or they have some degree of schizophrenia themselves.
Some time ago, a nutritionist once told me that it could be due to the nervous system causing interference in the metabolism. This brought that comment back to my mind. On learning about schizophrenia and trimetilaminuria, the same nutritionist has now recommended me the following: "Perhaps, in your daily contact, the triggering of trimetilaminuria may be due to a (unconsciously) conditioned reflect of the memory."
Also, "the schizophrenia corresponds to a condition that is created by the brain as an attempt to escape or express a difficult situation lived in the past".
No wonder that sometimes when you are okay, you can eat anything and other days when dieting, nothing works, I think.
That's a good contribution of yours about the disease. I do not think either that it is about genetics, enzymes nor bacteria at all. Regards.

martacampabadal

Cristian,

"Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome, 1 is a rare metabolic disorder of an autosomal recessive inherited pattern that causes a defect in the normal production of the flavin-containing monooxygenase gene 3 (FMO3) enzyme".

"Trimethylaminuria can be primary, genetic or secondary 4. The primary type is a recessive autosomal disorder caused by a mutation of the FMO3 gene, which is located in the long arm of chromosome 1 (1q24.3)2 or by reduced expression of enzymes."

Following is a Mebo Research document that explains in scientific terms what TMAU1 and 2 are:
http://www.meboresearch.org/SPA%20Nigel%20...

Personally, I believe that any exercise that helps to reduce stress (it is known that stress triggers the odor) can be beneficial for people affected by it.

Well, I agree with Marta. It is necessary to try everything if we want to get a cure. It is necessary to attack anxiety and stress. Today, for instance, I had a group meeting at work and then I started to have that odor. Obviously, as soon as I am informed that I have a meeting I start to get self-conscious since even before I get in and I start to think I have odors. I could realize that the odor comes only when I am anxious and think about it. This does not happen when I'm at home, for instance. It has not happened when I'm with a partner either, as I have straightforwardly asked them if they ever noticed any odor in me and I have always been told "never".
It's been a long time since I have had this problem. At the beginning I could smell the odor even when I was with my family. However, nowadays it only happens in the situations I mentioned before. I think that it is something that happens in the mind or that is triggered and causes us to live this hard time.

Nobody wondered why normal people don't go through this. Of course, they just take a shower and forget about it. We, instead, worry 99% of the day about how we smell. I think that's wherein the problem lies. It is necessary to look for a cure to attack the trigger so that it allows us to be calm in stressing situations. Apart from that, the conclusion is, "let us forget about the odor".

I hope my two cents are worth something. I am going to try hypnosis and I shall let you know how it went.

P.S.: Later on I will tell you about how this problem started for me.

Greetings and best of luck to all.

I hope that the marcomyly hypnosis is going well, all of us look for some answer and indeed we have to try everything. I myself have tried out many things. May it be so with you and the therapy.
If one is preoccupied all day with the smell, I also think that the nervous system must influence. I am quite a nervous person. It is very rare that an enzyme loses its function and can never recuperate. I don't know if there are other special cases of illness resulting from an enzymatic dysfunction. We are all looking for an answers.
Regards.

thanks to Marta for the information.

Seras el primero en saberlo amigo Cristian

For people who get this it is strange because in my case it produced an emotional breakdown. thanks to the fact that I've had it for for than 14 years means I have some control over it and this is due to the serenity I have acquired.
What I want from the hypnosis is to find the weak point that led to the problem and attack it from there.

Good afternoon, I have bromhydrosis since I was 13 years old an I developed. All my high school was awful as my mother didn't let me shave under the arm pits. My sister started with a dance group and we practiced 4 to 6 hrs per day and there it left me. Afterwards when I stopped dancing the smell started again and my dad told me to drink boldo, I did it before breakfast and before going to sleep and I didn't notice that the smell left me. It became chronic with my first pregnancy at the beginning of the 5 months when I was a cashier in a casino and the stress was so much that I couldn't stand it and I suffer it until today. I controlled it for nearly 2 weeks when I took a laxative and then it came back. They told me about the dioxide of chlorine and it left for a while, not very long and then it came back. My smells are only in the armpits and genitals. I'm taking kelp and zinc but up to now things haven't gotten better.
If somebody has the same as me please write to me.
Thanks

Hello susy-ch a question what is boldo?

the boldo makes the liver powerful, it's a plant that gives some leaves, with those leaves you make a tea, it's taken before breakfast or before going to bed, it's specially recommended for people with cyrrosical liver it's very good, if I'm not wrong.

Ah it's good to know. Then all these bad smells if they are a problem of the liver

A lot of problems come from waste in our body. You may need to try to see if you have a lot of waste build up and then try the kelp and zinc or whatever herb or method you want to try. You could have years of waste build up. There is a shower enema you could buy, most of our problems stem from a lot of waste in our system. Do your homework but realize doctors are walking books and you are the closest thing to a cure.

A person's body waste can say a lot about his or her health. How often you go to the bathroom, and how much waste you expel, can indicate your general digestive health.

"The digestive tract contains more bacterial cells than there are cells in the entire body," said Dr. Jean-Pierre Raufman, a gastroenterologist at University of Maryland School of Medicine. "It's very important that our bowels work well to absorb necessary nutrients but also keep out any foods, chemicals and germs that could do us harm."

While most people probably don't want to put much thought into the act of going to the bathroom, it's an essential body function that can tell them if something is wrong. A change in bowel movements could be due merely to a change in diet, but it could also mean the body is fighting an infection or dealing with a serious condition.

Here are five hints that your body waste could be giving you about your health.

Color

Stool color is often a reflection of what you eat. While various shades of brown are considered normal, some colors like black or yellow are not.

"Black stool could indicate bleeding in the stomach or the first part of the small intestine," Raufman said.

Iron supplements can darken the stool to more of a dark green, he added. Taking bismuth-containing medicines, such as Pepto-Bismol, or eating black licorice or blueberries also may cause black stools.

Bright red stool usually suggests that blood is coming from the lower part of the digestive system, such as the large intestine, rectum or anus.

Pale white or yellow stool also can mean a problem.

"The reason why stool is brown is because of our normal production of bile," Raufman said. "If there's a problem with bile flow, that may mean a problem like cancer of the bile ducts, or pancreatic cancer or hepatitis."

Shape

A change in stool shape also could be cause for concern. Stools that are narrow and pencil-thin are thought by some experts to be a symptom of colon cancer.

"It could be a sign of obstruction in the lower part of the colon," which means the bowel is partially blocked, getting in the way of the fecal matter that is passing through, Raufman said.

Another sign of a potential problem is soft stool. Stool that sticks to the side of the toilet bowl, or is difficult to flush, could indicate the presence of too much oil.

"Oil floats, so you'll see it in the water," Raufman said. "They look like fat droplets, which can mean the body isn't absorbing the fats properly." Diseases such as chronic pancreatitis block the body from properly absorbing fat.

Whether stool floats depends on how much gas is in it. "Generally, stool that sinks or floats don't mean there's a problem," he said.

Smell

Though the smell of feces can be rather unpleasant, smells that are particularly strange or foul shouldn't be ignored.

"It's hard to tell people that stool can smell even worse, but it can," Raufman said. "If there is a change in your stool that persists or is unusual, you should see your doctor."

Stool is made up of undigested food, bacteria, mucus and dead cells. It usually smells bad because of the bacteria and parasites, but it also can have compounds that produce an especially unpleasant smell.

"If you have blood in your stool, that usually comes with a particular strange odor," he said. "Also, stool with a lot of fat can smell particularly bad."

Reasons for a foul smell could include certain medications, having food that's been stuck in the colon for too long, or having an infection, he said.

Constipation

Dry, hard stools that are hard to eliminate are a sign of constipation. People who are constipated may have bowel movements fewer than three times a week.

Constipation is a common complaint, and most people experience it at least once in their lives. More than 4 million Americans have frequent constipation, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.

Constipation could be caused by a number of factors, including a poor diet, lack of exercise, certain medications, lack of fluids or various bowel disorders.

If ignored, constipation could lead to complications such as hemorrhoids or rectal bleeding. The best way to relieve symptoms is to follow a well-balanced high-fiber diet, drink plenty of water, try to exercise regularly and go to the bathroom when you feel the urge.

Diarrhea

Diarrhea happens when loose, watery stools pass through your bowels too quickly. Generally it lasts one or two days and goes away on its own.

"It's a normal way for the body to get rid of toxic substances, like bacteria or viral infections," but it also can lead to dehydration, Raufman said.

Parasites found in water and food can enter the body and disrupt the digestive system, causing diarrhea that can last several days.

Diarrhea also can suggest a more serious problem. Diarrhea that lasts for at least four weeks may be a sign of a chronic disease, such as irritable bowel syndrome or Crohn's disease.

Hello Chicacostarica, the fact is what Mr. Cristian said. It does not make any effect on me, maybe because I suffered two years ago from gallstones, as a consequence of eating to much pizza during my pregnancies, as I only wanted to eat that. Currently, I am taking milk thistle pills, they said that it should be 2 per day but I did not feel any affect at all, so I choose to take 4 per day and believe me I don't feel any more those pricks that I was feeling every day on my back.
If somebody has cured from bromhidrosis, please answer me. The kelp pills say 225 mcg and I take 2 per day, the zinc pills are 50 mg and I take 1 per day. Am I taking the right dose?. Should I increase the dose?.
Actually now I am in my sister's house and I feel very uncomfortable, as I can see my mother and my father scratch under the arms, and they touch their nose with concealment. I feel a lot of shame, They don't judge me or criticize me but I fell a lot of shame.
After carnival, I am going to start with diets and exercises because now I am eating everything and it is not worth to make false attempts.
My electronic mail is shap-317@hotmail.com
If you want to get in touch with me please write. Thanks very much for every thing.

Hello Smile, I personally don't think the bad smell is because of the lack of going to the bathroom every day as I personally go every day and all is normal, color, smell, and shape and still the smell doesn't go away.
If the problem of bad odor is solved as you say, the this person doesn't suffer tmau.

http://www.airesdecambio.com/wp-content/up... hello girl from costa rica, I recommend this book if you suffer from gallstones

Smile, I think I've got it from my dad, and he (as your mom) since diabetic treatment doesn't have body smell. He takes a lot of different pills (high blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes) and I guess the main is Diabeton. Can it be the answer to our problem? Does your mom take it? It can have different brand name - http://www.drugs.com/international/gliclaz...

I tried zinc, kelp, coconut oil combination but it didn't help with body odor (as well as deodorex, chlorophyll, B2, diet etc). Although zinc before bedtime helped with severe insomnia.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a good week. I am writing to tell you about a supplement I began using some time ago that I believe offers hope for our condition: kombucha. I wrote a detailed post about it here:

https://www.rareconnect.org/en/community/t...

But here is the short version:

After trying dozens of supplements for my TMAU, I decided to buy a bottle of kombucha from The Vitamin Shoppe (I read an article saying it helps reduce body odor due to all of its good bacteria and enzymes). Within a week I noticed a significant decrease in my odor. I have now been taking the kombucha tablets for three weeks, and I can say without uncertainty that my odor is practically non-existent.

I am not saying that this is definitively the solution. It has worked like a charm for me, but it may not work for other people. I am just suggesting you try it for a week or two and see if it helps you. I bought a bottle of 100 capsules (500 mg) and take 4 per day (two before breakfast, two after dinner). It is kind of expensive, but believe me, it is worth it. Here’s what I use:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/kombucha-50...

And here are some articles discussing the effectiveness of kombucha against body odor:

http://healthylivingleads.blogspot.com/201...
http://eatalkalinefoods.com/say-goodbye-to...
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node...
http://users.bestweb.net/~om/~kombu/konnec...

I hope it works for you!!!

Hi Smile,
Please tell me what is your condition now. Please reply my below queries:
Are you still taking 50mg zinc and 300mcg (2x150mcg tablets) kelp on regular basis?
At what time do you take these supplements & with how much time difference with food?
Are you totally odor free now?
What other supplements do you take?
What is your daily choline intake now?
Did you get any side effects of taking zinc and kelp on long term basis?
Had you taken doctor's advice for taking zinc and kelp on long term basis?
Do you have Primary TMAU or Secondary TMAU?

Please don't mind for the list of queries. I think answers to all of the above queries are necessary. I've TMAU2, so want to see in which case these are working.

Thanks.

hello hopeful, a question: the kombusha that you take, are they capsules as you say? when I search on the Internet, kombusha appears as a mushroom which is put in water and this gives a juice. Another one, where do you buy the kombusha capsules? naturalist stores? greetings and I'm happy that you have found a solution.

Hello Smile

I know this article was written 7 months ago and you might not still be around, but I thought I'd give it a try. Today I went out and bought some zinc and kelp. Do you take them with food or on their own? When is the best time to take them? How long did you take the tablets before you notice an improvement?
Like many people on this site, I have tried so many things (including having my 4 wisdom teeth taken out) but so far nothing has worked. I hope you are still TMAU free

I tried what "Smile" had suggested of taking Zinc supplements on my diet to prevent the fishy smell from TMAU. I just started taking zinc supplements last Friday, March 15, 2014, and the result was astounding, The smell was gone the following day and I do not suffer from the fishy smell even after 4 days of taking the mineral supplement. I was in doubt and I did my usual exercise in which sweat, bacteria and TMAU condition is a recipe for fishy smell, but to my great joy, i did not smell at all. Upon further reading on the topic, TMAU, it was suggested to keep the ph level of the armpit on the acid level. I started wiping lemon on my armpit right before I go to bed and I am so happy because I do not have the bad smell when I woke up the following morning. Right away, I spread the homeopathic remedy for body odor.

Hi Cristian, sorry for the delay; I was waiting for the site to translate your question but it still has not yet. But I speak a little Spanish (yo hablo un poquito Espanol) so, I will try to answer.

Si, tomo capsulas para kombucha. Yo compro las capsulas en la tienda "The Vitamin Shoppe" (http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/kombucha-50... Tenemos las tiendas en los Estados Unidos; pero, puedes comprar en el sitio web de Vitamin Shoppe o Amazon. Espero ayudarte.

Hi Alxs0718,
Did you take only Zinc supplement, not Kelp? Did you take 50mg Zinc once a day as Smile said? Do you have Primary or Secondary TMAU? I couldn't understand your last line "Right away, I spread the homeopathic remedy for body odor.".

thanks for the message hopeful, I got the natural kombusha, in other word the mushroom as a mushroom of the tea. I hope it works for me.

Buena suerte!

sri-ram,
yar tune TMAU test kahaan se karwaya? Idher NYC mein tou koi lab he nahi hai. Aur kambakht Kombucha konsi balaa hai?
=====================================
Translation.

Sri-ram,
Where did you get the TMAU testing done? There is no such lab available in NYC. And have you tried Kombucha? What exactly is it?

malory,
You nailed it babe. This is EXACTLY what it is.
The bottom line is, There is no cure!"
We just need to take it as our funny pain and move on with what has been handed to us.

Hi Bill,

I got it done thru MEBO Research Inc. Test is available online (http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.... under the heading 'TMAU Test through MEBO Research' on the right hand side. Cost is $150+shipping charges. For you it'll cost less than $200 I think. It takes more than a month to get the result. They get the test done thru Cleveland Clinic.

Kombucha is a lightly effervescent fermented drink of sweetened black tea that is used as a functional food. Do a google search for details.

Hi Alxs0718,

I've Secondary TMAU and haven't started taking zinc or kelp yet. I saw this article only few days back and want to take your feedback before starting this.

I'm repeating my queries for you, please reply soon. Following are my questions:
1. Did you take Zinc supplement only, not Kelp?
2. Did you take 50mg Zinc once a day as Smile said?
3. Have you been tested positive for TMAU? If yes, do you have Primary TMAU or Secondary TMAU?

Please reply ASAP.
Thanks.

mariadelatorre

Hi everyone, in reading this long thread which started 8 months ago, I continue to see the same pattern that has existed for years, at least during the last 8 years since I discovered TMAU. It was at that time that I joined CureZone’s Body Odor, http://curezone.org/forums/f.asp?f=326 and Trimethylaminuria Forums http://curezone.org/forums/f.asp?f=441 , and some posts were many years old at that time. The rhetoric sounds exactly like today’s rhetoric – sufferers are desperately experimenting with their own bodies with remedies that do not have strong supporting statistics; science has very little answers, except for a few medical conditions that produce body/breath odor, and some basic information about TMAU. It just goes around and around, with some sufferers claiming to have found the cure, which doesn’t seem to work for others…

I most certainly feel for everyone involved. If we take all of this away, what else do we have to hang on to? Sadly, the answer is not very much at all… just hope for research to discover something for some of us in 5, 10, 20 years from now, when our lives have passed us by???

My biggest fear is that sufferers can end up making matters worse instead of better by trying anything and everything. Heck, even something apparently needed by the body, such as iodine, has caused sgaet to develop hyperthyroidism. For years, my doctors have insisted I take calcium every day, which instead of helping me, have produced painful kidney stones. Everything we take has to be digested, metabolized, and eventually eliminated by our cleansing organs, and instead, some things just end up stored in our bodies (in our fat, tissues, bloodstream, etc), which only makes matters worse. A perfect example is Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Miner... which many sufferers have taken. I know of the case of a sufferer who ended up in the hospital in serious condition as a result of MMS. Yet, people still post about them in the forums, http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1868952#i

I know I paint a bleak picture, and how depressing this is, but I am far more afraid of adverse reactions to makeshift self-experimentation than I am of the depression produced by an odor condition. Since I obviously don’t know of a cure, or even an effective treatment for many, if not most causes of body and breath odor conditions, the following are guidelines I recommend:

1. The majority of sufferers have a body or breath odor condition, which is not necessarily TMAU. Some sufferers are convinced they have TMAU without testing, when in fact, they might not have it. That is NOT to say that they don’t have a body/breath odor condition, it just means that the TMAU odor-management protocol might not be the answer if they don’t have TMAU. Nonetheless, the protocol might still help some other types of BO/BB conditions, but not all. Therefore, it is best to not assume one has TMAU because it might be more hurtful than helpful in their quest to find a solution.
2. The majority of sufferers have intermittent odor, detected by some people, though not necessarily by everyone. This is the most difficult condition for which to use a trial and error approach to find a solution. Who is to say that a remedy stopped the odor, when it might have stopped on its own between intermittent flare-ups? Sometimes, a no-odor episode might last a month or two, or even years with or without the remedy being tested. So, how could we really know if it was the tested remedy that worked or not? We can’t know without scientific evidence, which MUST ALWAYS START with a diagnosis, a premise, a starting point, a clear understanding of what the cause(s) of each person’s particular problem is.
3. When we share with other sufferers about what has worked for us and what has not, we have a duty and responsibility to emphasize to those we are sharing with that perhaps it may not be helpful to others who have a different cause of odor, and that in fact, it might even be potentially harmful to some people. I always refrain from recommending something – anything, without referencing it to a professional and reputable scientific source.

So what do I recommend we do until research is finalized and therapeutics are provided? Stick to what experts in body and breath odor recommend, and EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Believe it or not, there is a significant amount of information provided by experts, though none have discovered a totally effective treatment or a cure. Try to eat healthy, treat your digestive system, your metabolic system, and all aspects of your body with care – don’t make them go on overdrive by overloading them with unproven, “snake oil” remedies. Always be wary of the idea that one or two remedies are a cure-all for all types of body and breath odor conditions. If there is a remedy or a supplement that you want to try, do so in moderation and listen to your body – not only to the odor, but be vigilant to the effects it may be having on your organs and your health as a whole.

Thanks for a great post!! We seem to be so desperate for relief from this insidious disease that we are willing to try anything that someone says works for them without input from our PCP on any adverse effect it might have on our general health. Like SGAET said in a previous post, " I have tried and it doesn't work for me. In addition, be careful as I developed hyperthyroidism due to iodine " We need to stop taking every piece of advise that come along on this and any other blog without first checking with our PCP..

If I posted that I have been taking roasted dung beetles and my smell is gone, the next questions would be, " where do you get your beetles, how long do you roast them and how often do you take them?"

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO CURE, that's the bottom line. Probiotics helps to alleviate some of the symptoms some of the time but only with a strict low Choline diet. YOU HAVE TO STICK TO THAT DIET. It's the only thing that reduces the odor to a manageable level. IMHO Good luck to everyone in whatever they are trying, but please check with your PCP before you do.

ious post ,"

Hi Maria, You are so right, I wasen't doing too bad keeping my odour down, but allways trying to eliminated I desited to try the kombucha tea. It gave me a very acidic taste in my mouth, I panic cuz my breath had a very bad fishy smell. I deside to take antiacid ranitidine because that took the bitter taste in my mouth before, this time I took 75mg and didn't work, so I quit drinking the tea. I sugest to who ever is drinking it to research, to weman got very ill drinking it. Sorry for my spelling inglish is my second languish, thank you for the advise. God bless us all