Welcome - Sanfilippo Syndrome (MPS III) Community
What is Sanfilippo Syndrome (MPS III) ?
Sanfilippo Syndrome or MPSIII, is one of the 6 mucopolysaccharidoses disorders. MPS disorders are a group of rare genetic disorders caused by the deficiency of one of the lysosomal enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for breaking down the complex carbohydrate-Hepran Sulfate (HS). HS builds up and is stored in the lysosome of the cell, causing catastrophic health problems leading to death.
Source: participating patient groups visible belowSanfilippo Syndrome (MPS III) Resources
Latest Member Stories
After several years trying to get pregnant, finally I did, in 2010... 'It will be a very strong boy' the doctor said. And he arrived with those big...
Partners and Patient Groups
RareConnect is a patient-led initiative. Patient organisations partner with EURORDIS, itself an international patient organisation, to create communities and provide moderators from within their network. The following patient groups are official partners of this community.
- JLK Sanfilippo Research Foundation
- Jonah’s Just Begun
- Team Sanfilippo Foundation
- Sanfilippo Sud
- Sanfilippo Barcelona
- Fundación Stop Sanfilippo
- Mały Maciek i Wielcy Czarodzieje
- Sanfillipo Foundation Switzerland
- Ben's Dream - the Sanfilippo Research Foundation, Inc
- The Sanfilippo Children's Research Foundation
- Strides for Sophie
- Sanfilippo Children's Foundation
- Associação Sanfilippo Portugal
- Cure Sanfilippo Foundation - Eliza's Story
- Fundación Red Sanfilippo
- Vaincre les Maladies Lysosomales
- MPS España
- Asociación Sanfilippo Argentina
- The Abby Grace Foundation