Welcome - Porphyria Community
What is Porphyria ?
The porphyrias are a group of eight, relatively rare, genetic disorders. In each porphyria a specific enzyme, which is needed to complete each step on the pathway to produce haem, is faulty. With all porphyrias this results in a build-up of porphyrins. They have two possible effects: acute attacks or skin sensitivity in sunlight.
Source: Participating patient organizations visible belowPorphyria Resources
Latest Member Stories
The attendance is free for both patients as well as professionals, so there are no costs for the Patient Day, we as organizers will cover the expen...
Partners and Patient Groups
RareConnect is a joint venture of EURORDIS and NORD. The following patient groups are official partners of this community.
- British Porphyria Association
- Asociación Española de Porfiria
- Swiss Society for Porphyria
- Asso. Française des Porphyries
- Riksföreningen mot Porfyrisjukdomar
- Porphyria Association Australia
- Canadian Association for Porphyria
- Associação Brasileira de Porfiria-ABRAPO
- Porfiria México
- Vereniging van patiënten mit E.P.P
- Fundacion para las Porfirias en Colombia