Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris (PRP) Community

Meet, discuss & support other patients or families living with Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris (PRP). Contribute to topics, or just share what's on your mind

PRP e acitretina

Ho 57 anni e da circa 1 mese mi è stata diagnosticata la pitiriasi rubra pilaris che sto trattando con acitretina (35 mg al giorno). Qualcuno ha esperienza riguardo all'efficacia di questo trattamento? Dopo quanto tempo si riesce a far scomparire i sintomi?

christinegnther

Hi, many PRP take Acitretin. Our daughter was on Acitretin for about two years with quite good results. In her case after a couple of days she started to be very flaky but then the flaking stopped. First results we saw about 6 - 8 weeks in.
But every patient reacts differently to each Medicine - sometimes faster, sometimes slower, sometimes very good and sometimes the medication doesn't helps at all.
I am wishing you quick and good results!

Hi, and thanks to the greetings ... Wednesday I have a prox control in Rome! I hope everything is fine!

christinegnther

I wish you good luck and keep us informed about how Acitretin works for you.

BillMcCue

Welcome. The first symptoms of PRP appeared in August 2012. I was not diagnosed until late November 2012. I took acitretin for 12 months (25mg to 50mg) and was declared in remission on April 8, 2014. I was "active" PRP for 20 months. Make sure your doctor checks your liver. There are other drugs available, but your dermatologist probably following a treatment protocol: acitretin first, then xxxxxxx if acitretin fails or the liver reacts badly.

Do you have a FaceBook Account or have a family member or friend with Facebook? There are over 900 PRP patients who share their experiences.

Thank you. I was interested in knowing the effects of acetretine. Does desquamation disappear together with itching? Does skin redness diminish? Based on what is determined that the disease is terminated?
I am aware of the effects on the liver and as a first month of hiring I go to Rome for a check.

christinegnther

In Molly's case the itching stopped first - what a relive!!! Some of the PRP patches totally disappeared - some of them not. But on the whole - the skin was much better!

Well, I hope the cure is as effective as it did with your Molly.