Welcome - Niemann-Pick disease type C Community
What is Niemann-Pick disease type C ?
Niemann-Pick disease type C (completely distinct from types A and B) is a complex lysosomal lipidosis resulting in hepatosplenomegaly and progressive neurological involvement.
Source: OrphanetNiemann-Pick disease type C Resources
Latest Member Stories
Our six year old Mael sits on the floor in the house and plays. Together with its four-year-old brother Lian, he feeds animals in the Playmobil zoo...
Partners and Patient Groups
RareConnect is a patient-led initiative. Patient organisations partner with EURORDIS, itself an international patient organisation, to create communities and provide moderators from within their network. The following patient groups are official partners of this community.
- International Niemann-Pick Disease Alliance
- Canadian Chapter NNPDF
- Asociaion Niemann Pick de Argentina
- Vaincres Les Maladies Lysosomales France
- Niemann-Pick Selbsthilfegruppe
- Associazione Italiana Niemann Pick
- Foundacion Niemann-Pick de Espana
- Niemann-Pick Disease Group (UK)
- Chinese Niemann-Pick Disease Association
- Associação Niemann-Pick Brasil