Welcome - Myasthenia Gravis (MG) Community
What is Myasthenia Gravis (MG) ?
Myasthenia Gravis is an auto-immune disease in which the patient’s immune system attacks a vital part of the junction between the nerves and muscles. This weakens the voluntary muscles that move the eyes, face, throat, limbs and breathing, affecting simple functions like smiling and eating; if untreated, it can be life-threatening.
Source: Myasthenia Gravis Association UK
Latest Member Stories
Partners and Patient Groups
RareConnect is a patient-led initiative. Patient organisations partner with EURORDIS, itself an international patient organisation, to create communities and provide moderators from within their network. The following patient groups are official partners of this community.
- European Myasthenia Gravis Association
- Liga Myasthenia Gravis vzw Belgium
- Croatian Myasthenia Gravis Association
- Cyprus Myasthenia Gravis Association
- Danish Myasthenia Gravis Association
- Francophone MG Association
- Myasthenia Gravis Association of Finland
- Deutsche Myasthenie Gesellschaft e.V.
- Hellenic Myasthenia Gravis Association
- MG Association of Hungary
- MG-félag Íslands
- Associazione Italiana Miastenia Grave - Milano
- Associazione Italiana Miastenia Onlus - Pisa
- Handicapped and Disabled people of Kosovo
- Spierziekten Nederland/ Myasthenia Gravis
- Romanian Myasthenia Gravis Association
- Swedish Association of persons with neurological disabilities
- MYGRA-CZ Czech Myasthenic Association
- L’Association française contre les myopathies
- Ireland MGA
- Asociación Miastenia de España
- Asociacion Miastenia PERU
- Associazione Miastenia Padova
- Miastenia Gravis Paraguay