Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD) Community

Meet, discuss & support other patients or families living with Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD). Contribute to topics, or just share what's on your mind

SUGGESTIONS FOR QUESTIONS TO ASK AT FIRST APPOINTMENT

HI! I am newly diagnosed with mild FMD. I have my first appointment with a vascular doctor and a neurologist on March 7, 2017.

What questions should I ask during my first appointment?

Thank you so much, in advance, for your advice and feedback. I feel very in the dark about this condition and don't even know what I should know or be looking out for.

XOXO

martacampabadal

Hi enoevian,

Welcome to the FMD community and thanks for posting here. I leave the FMD focused questions to the moderators. I wanted to share a useful link with you.

Prior to the visit, think about your specific symptoms and write down all relevant information. Concentrate on what you want to know, your concerns etc. and create a questions list.

Being informed is essential to your care and treatment so do your homework before your visit. This is good advice prior to any type of medical meeting to maximize your knowledge from the experience particularly when it involves a serious illness.
A super website is www.ahrq.gov/apps/qb which deals with questions before, during and after the visit.

Check this website as well made by the Agency for Healthcare Reasearch and Quality: http://www.ahrq.gov/patients-consumers/pat...

Please, let us know how the appointment goes.

Best,
Marta