Behcet’s Syndrome Community

Meet, discuss & support other patients or families living with Behcet’s Syndrome. Contribute to topics, or just share what's on your mind

MY LIFE

I-M EMIGRATING IN CANADA FROM ITALY. MY DISEASE BECHET SYNDROME IS EFFICACELY CARED IN FLORENCE WITH A BIOTECHNOLOGIAL PHARMACEUTICAL CALLED INFLIXIMAB. I HAVE A SERIOUS FORM OF THE DISEASE WITH PRECEDENT ENCEPHALITIS.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN HEALTH CENTER IN CANADA WHICH CAN CARE ME WITH THE SAME THERAPY.

REGARDS.

MARCO

mvmutter

Ciao Marco,

I don't want to discourage you but some of the worst cases we have of patients with autoinflammatory diseases are in Canada. Why? Because patients have to wait so long until they can see a doctor and usually only one doctor is assigned per patient. If for whatever reason your doctor doesn't understand you or your condition, then you have no chances of getting help.

The other problem is that the majority of patients are not getting the medication they need. I have even contacted the organization NORD in Canada to try and get help for the most desperate cases but I'm still waiting for a reply!

Please try to organise your relocation to Canada with enough time in advance. Maybe if you already know a doctor there, it would be helpful. I am simply telling you this from the cases I see in our FMF & AID Facebook help group.

I would suggest to take enough medication with you for at least 3 months. Where in Canada are you going to be? Maybe I can recommend a doctor who sees other Behçet's patients in the city or town you are going to be.

All the best in Canada!

Malena
www.fmfandaid.org
info@fmfandaid.org (Show less)

Hi Malena,

you are very kind!! I supposed that a large percetage of Italians in Canada
means that there is a good health response to our illness.

I said to my doctor *an immunologist* to identify some canadian centers which
can care me adequately.

perhaps it is better that I test some cases of illness and services of BS in
Canada in order to prepare better my canadian immigration.

Thanks a lot dear Malena. Are you affected by BS?

Take care of You!!

Marco

fmfandaid

Hi Marco,

My son and I have Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF). However, I see many cases of FMF with Behçet's and this is why I am also in this group.

Take care you too!
Malena