Welcome - Amyloidosis Community
What is Amyloidosis ?
Amyloidosis is a rare systemic disease caused by deposits of amyloid protein fibrils in one or more organs, causing the organs to malfunction. There are three main types: Primary Amyloidosis (AL), Secondary Amyloidosis (AA) and Familial Amyloidosis (FAP), which is the genetic form.
Source: Participating patient organizations visible belowAmyloidosis Resources
Latest Member Stories
Partners and Patient Groups
RareConnect is a patient-led initiative. Patient organisations partner with EURORDIS, itself an international patient organisation, to create communities and provide moderators from within their network. The following patient groups are official partners of this community.
- Amyloidosis Support Groups
- Asso. Francaise Contre L'Amylose
- Amyloïdose Contactgroep Nederland
- Suomen Amyloidoosiyhdistys ry
- Association Luxembourgoise Paramiloidose
- Associação Brasileira de Paramiloidose – ABPAR
- Amyloidosis Foundation
- Amiloidosis Argentina
- Asociación Venezolana de Pacientes con Amiloidosis Familiar (AVPAF)